• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Excited from the early feedback! New book on my Afghan War experience

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
mayhem337
Official Newbie!

Excited from the early feedback! New book on my Afghan War experience

Unread post

Hello everyone,

I am a recently retired U.S. Army veteran, that wrote a memoir about a tour of duty I did in Afghanistan, embedded within the Afghan Army as an Infantry Combat Advisor. The early feedback and reviews have been excellent and I would like to get the word out and keep the momentum going! I have dropped the Kindle price to just $2.99 because sharing my story is more important than making money as I want people to know and understand our experiences!

I received all 5-Star reviews from Reader's Favorite reviewers and so far I have a 100% 5 star rating on Amazon. Would love for you to check it out too!

Some feedback:

"I smirked, laughed out loud, cried several tears and had to remind myself several times to slow down when I tried to speed read during the high intensity rush of the battles. Chad Rickard, you did an outstanding job with your first book. From the bottom of my heart, thank for your service and sacrifice."

"Mayhem 337: Memoir of a Combat Advisor in Afghanistan offers powerful images of military missions and enables readers to run alongside soldiers engaged in combat. The action is intense and the tension permeates every page of the narrative. The prose is beautiful and the narrative is enriched by streams of consciousness that transport readers into the psyche of the protagonist. It is a page-turner, balanced and deftly written."

"I found the work of author Chad Rickard totally authentic and bold in its depiction of the realities of working in one of the most terrifying combat situations the world has ever seen. Whether you are already interested in the modern military or not, Rickard's story is one which touches the heart and pumps the blood, taking you through a cinematic narration of war-torn locations from city streets to barren mountaintops. The authorial style is down to earth and filled with details of the missions and combat which Rickard undertook and advised on, as well as giving a gateway into the psychology of the responsibility of such a position, and the effect that the loss of soldiers' lives had on him during that time. Overall, Mayhem 337 is a highly recommended read for its stellar, authentic writing style and gritty, graphic realism."

https://www.amazon.com/Mayhem-337-Memoi ... B07YZRPQXH

Thank you for reading my post! I will be reading through everyone else's and looking for some new books to read myself!
Attachments
Cover Photo
Cover Photo
51hrpgi736L.jpg (52.02 KiB) Viewed 928 times

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”