• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

I am fed up with nutritional policy

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Gregski
Official Newbie!

I am fed up with nutritional policy

Unread post

Hi everybody,

My name is Gregory Stypko. I am an engineer who wrote the book The Food Bondage: Making a Case for the Human Diet.
You may ask - why did this engineer write a book about nutrition? Well, my short answer is this: Health professionals fail us in providing guidance on how to properly nourish our bodies. But here is my longer answer: I started writing this book after realizing that when my mother was compelled to limit her carbohydrate consumption, she quickly recovered from her type two diabetes. You may think that it's obvious. And you are right. Theoretically, if we were able to have enough self-discipline, we wouldn't have the widespread diet-related health problems. However, what if that is impossible for the majority of the population (which is obviously the case)? In other words, if we are genetically compelled to overeat, plus the food that makes us overeat is easily accessible, we don't have much choice in this matter. This compulsion is very similar to drug addiction. If a person addicted to cocaine was in a position of having easy access to it all the time, how likely is it that the addict would break the habit? Even if she did break it for a while, how likely would it be for her to relapse? This analogy may be considered extreme. However, in my view, it's not. After all, some studies about the addictive nature of sugar ranked it close to the abusive drugs. The highly refined carbohydrates with added fats and sugar are addictive substances. Combined with the favorable price structure and the nutritional guides mildly admonishing us or even promoting some of them (like fruit), we are doomed.
Another motivator, which I found after I had started writing, was the realization that our traditional diet is suboptimal for our species.
The three meals a day, high-carbohydrate regime that is officially promoted is just wrong. That doesn't mean to say some of us can't function reasonably well on it. However, it's not optimal for us.
So, when I realized how much our eating tradition and official policy diverts us from the human diet, I had to lay out my arguments against the current nutritional status quo and put forward those for the real human diet.
Gregory
You may reach me at [email protected]

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”