• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

I'm a first-time author! My book is about social anxiety and is available to pre-order now!

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
shubhechha
Official Newbie!

I'm a first-time author! My book is about social anxiety and is available to pre-order now!

Unread post

Hello everyone!

My name is Shubhechha Dhar and I am the author of Anxiously Thriving. I wrote this book because of my personal story with social anxiety disorder (SAD). I had SAD for eight years without even knowing it as I grew up in a South Asian community where mental health was not a topic of discussion. Wanting to have social interactions and not being able to was isolating and I felt all alone in my struggles. I know that there are thousands of other teenagers and young adults who are going through the same thing that I did and I hope to provide support to them through my book.

My book is being published by New Degree Press. They have set-up a pre-sale campaign for me which will help me fund the costs of publication while also pre-selling copies. Here's the link: indiegogo.com/projects/anxiously-thrivi ... hha-dhar#/

It would truly mean the world to me to have your support. Everyone who pre-orders a copy has their name in the acknowledgment section of the book, becomes a part of my author community where I show behind the scenes sneak peeks into the publishing process, gets to vote on the cover of my book (the current one on the link is a mock-up) and more!

If you aspire to be an author someday, I'd love to chat with you and share my process!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”