• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

New Book - Supernatural Knowledge

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Naturefirst
Official Newbie!

New Book - Supernatural Knowledge

Unread post

I just published Supernatural Knowledge: The Ageless Enigmatic Credential of Saints and Terrorists Alike, How Human Nature Shapes Our Deadliest Pretense.

Religion is held to be the source of our values and morality, the impetus behind all things good. Yet it sustains an unparalleled acquaintance with death, destruction, and terrorism. And generation after generation we fail to acknowledge, much less explore, this glaring incongruity. Historians have written endlessly on the many origins of religion, and critics have written countless volumes on the immeasurable atrocities committed in its name. But here we are in the 21st century splicing genes and colliding particles at near the speed of light, and we still don’t have a coherent understanding of why we practice this most enigmatic of human behaviors.

Our technical knowledge, that which reflects the rational side of human behavior, is doubling every couple of years, rapidly increasing the human ability to not just innovate, but to destroy and devastate. Yet our understanding of religion, the only irrational behavior we widely embrace and encourage, has remained virtually unchanged throughout history. The immense significance being, it is our irrational behaviors that have always been and will always be the greatest catalyst for human conflict. Only to the extent we understand and curb our irrational behaviors can we mitigate the dangers that, as result of our soaring awareness, are growing at a staggering rate.

Though we generally use religion as an infinitely flexible explanation for the things we do not understand, there are actually factual answers to every question regarding it. And, incredible as it may seem, this book provides those answers in categorical terms that everyone can recognize, affording humanity the awareness it needs to dissolve its greatest source of conflict. By bringing human nature into the picture this book explains not just everything about religion, but all our behaviors. If you are tired of listening to all the arguments for and against religion, and would truly like to understand it, this is the only book that can and will quench your thirst.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: New Book - Supernatural Knowledge

Unread post

Links are allowed:
https://www.amazon.com/Supernatural-Kno ... Terrorists

Looks interesting, but I doubt the following is true.
Though we generally use religion as an infinitely flexible explanation for the things we do not understand, there are actually factual answers to every question regarding it.
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Naturefirst
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hence the need for this book.
Naturefirst
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm definitely new to this, so I just read a great deal of the popular thread on Faith and Reason. I couldn't help but notice that there was very little mention of nature and its influence on our behavior, which it seems is an enormous omission. At our current level of awareness we tend to think that, because we have a conscious awareness, we can act independent of nature. But nature speaks loudly to the contrary. For instance, the term belief is commonly used as if it is a conscious choice. The reality is that our beliefs form upstream of the conscious mind, which means that we have no conscious say in them. We merely become consciously aware of them after they are generated. By definition, a belief is confidence that something is true or real, a feeling (a chemical change in the body) that is instinctually triggered instantaneously, before any conscious processes take place. While it gives us comfort to think that we have consciously choose the things believe, they are actually determined by nature's responses to the environment. This is why no one, not even the devoutly religious, is anxious to die. Because our beliefs are naturally generated from the entirely physical things our senses detect, no one possesses any belief with regard to the nonphysical or supernatural, which of course includes God, heaven, and any version of an afterlife. It's hard to explain the many basic realities that are routinely left out of such conversations, in a few short sentences, but they are all clearly laid out in Supernatural Knowledge.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”