• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Looking for a book for best friends

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
BakedDragon

Looking for a book for best friends

Unread post

My best friend is leaving soon and moving away, shortly after I will be leaving as well and moving across the country. While we are great friends when we are together we tend to lose touch while away. I was looking for something that we could both do together to "remember" each other. I don't think we'll ever stop being friends but as most of you well know, distance takes its toll on all relationships. I'll do my best to explain what I'm looking for in hopes that someone here can help me. I'm looking for the following:

1. A book to write down our likes and dislikes, our personality traits whether they be good or bad. Much like the books they have for newborn children so that you can keep memories as they happen, but with adult content(not the naughty kind, :lol: ). I don't much care what age she was when she took her first steps, but maybe something with her first memory of me(or vice-versa), our fondest memory, etc.
2. amazon.com/Girlfriends-Keepsake-Book-St ... 1885171137 This is something I found that I think would be ideal except for two flaws. One, I'm not a girl so the 'Girlfriends' part doesn't quite fit lol. Two, it's a little mushy and I was looking for something with a little more humor involved.
3. I would like something that we could send back and forth, or something that I could give her one with all my memories of her and she can do one for me. (This isn't so much a requirement. I have thought of getting a cheap notebook and sending it back and forth with our written messages. I feel if it's sent via snail mail it would be more heartfelt than email. But if there were a book out that would allow us to do something similar that would be awesome.)

I'm not sure if this is the right place for a request like this so I do apologize to the moderators if I am asking in the wrong place :blush: . I have been looking for some time now and have not found anything that I like so I am turning to a community of book lovers in hopes one of you knows of such a book.
Ang85
Getting Comfortable

Re: Looking for a book for best friends

Unread post

Hi, I can totally relate to your situation. My best friend (we grew up across the street from one another) moved to the East Coast a few years ago. I looked for a book similiar to the one you described and couldn't find anything. I bought a nice journal (leather cover, thick paper) and made my own "friendship scrapbook/journal" thing and it worked really well. I wrote letters to her, included our favorite song lyrics, memories, pictures, drew a "map" or places we went that were important to us, etc. She continued to fill in the pages and we sent in back and forth in the mail. We just started our second book! It might sound kind of sappy, but it's something we put a lot of thought into, and look forward to receiving. It's definitely helped us remain close and it's been a lot of fun! Good luck!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”