• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Who's reading?

#23: Jan. - Mar. 2006 (Non-Fiction)
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Who's reading?

Unread post

Given that the discussion is rather limited to two or three points of view at the moment, I thought I'd check to see who's planning on participating. Please choose one.Results (total votes = 10):I've finished the book and will participate in the discussion.&nbsp3 / 30.0%&nbsp I'm reading the book and will participate.&nbsp2 / 20.0%&nbsp I'm planning to read and participate, but haven't started yet.&nbsp4 / 40.0%&nbsp I'm not reading, but may participate if I see any posts of interest.&nbsp1 / 10.0%&nbsp I'm not planning to read nor participate.&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp
riverc0il
Senior

Re: Who's reading?

Unread post

i finished around the start of the new year. kinda jumped the gun a little bit but couldn't resist digging in. the book is rather short.
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Unread post

Also, it's still the first half of January, and the book discussion goes from January to March. There's a lot of time left for people to read and discuss the book.I'm hoping that more people join the discussion, and that they aren't scared off by the first few participants.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'll be reading and participating, but haven't yet started the book. Too much is going on in my work world for reading or posting, but that will change soon I hope.From what I'm seeing I am in disagreement with the author on many points and I'll have a great deal to say once I jump into the discussion.Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Oh, and something I should mention...Please click on some of the new Google links found throughout the site. You'll see them on the Home page, Contact page, and many others. We are paid a small referral fee for each click and I'm surprised how quickly the money is adding up. Those ads are targeted to stuff you all should find interesting too. So please check them out. I know every day how many times people clicked on them and I seriously appreciate the help. Chris
Jade

Re:

Unread post

I'm reading. I just got it in the mail and finished Chapter 1 in the sauna this morning.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Re:

Unread post

In the sauna? Wouldn't that quickly ruin the book?
Jade

re:

Unread post

Nope, infrared sauna. Works with a dry penetrating heat as opposed to the usual steam version. Plus - it's way better for your health.I just like it because it technically is a form of exercise where I can read and enjoy a cup of tea.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: re:

Unread post

We'll be having our live chat with the author on March 23rd, 2006 at 9:00 pm eastern, so please secure a copy of the book for yourself. There is plenty of time to read and discuss the book prior to this live chat.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re: re:

Unread post

It's been almost a month and a half since the chapter threads have gotten any activity. It kind of amazes me that so few people are contributing to this discussion -- this book did win a majority of votes, didn't it? Is anyone still planning to participate? It's getting down to crunch time.

Return to “Value & Virtue in a Godless Universe - by Erik J. Wielenberg”