• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Rate this book!

#24: Feb. - Mar. 2006 (Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Rate this book!

Unread post

Rate this book!Feel free to explain your vote too.Results (total votes = 4):A&nbsp1 / 25.0%&nbsp B&nbsp2 / 50.0%&nbsp C&nbsp1 / 25.0%&nbsp D&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspF&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re: Rate this book!

Unread post

I gave it a B, assuming C equates to something like "average". If there were a little more nuance in the rating system, I'd probably have given it something like a B+ or an A-, but the limitations of ezBoard's poll function come into play here. And bear in mind that I'm a bit of a hard-ass as a critic.My B translates into good book, but not in my top ten. The subject matter is interesting, and I think it's handled in an interesting way. And there are some effective emotional moments. It just didn't blow the top of my head off (to paraphrase Emily Dickenson), and it can hardly be blamed for that.
ginof
Sophomore

Re: Rate this book!

Unread post

i have to say: I loved this book! I couldn't put it down. The author has done such a great job of creating an unusual character. It reminds me of john irving's job in 'A prayer for owen meany'

Return to “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - by Mark Haddon”