• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Ender's Game Introduction

#25: April - June 2006 (Fiction)
ginof
Sophomore

Ender's Game Introduction

Unread post

Ok, I can't believe that no one has any comments on the introduction (at least in the edition I have). Unfortunately, I'm late to the game and have only gotten this far, but I'm already hooked! First of all, I love the fact that this was all inspired by Asmov's Foundation series. I'm a big fan of it, having read it in high school and reread it recently in order to get the context for the sequels and prequels that he wrote.Secondly, I was intrigued about the influence of the author's upbrining on the creation of the story. Explaining how that happened was well done and not judgemental (I didn't feel like I was reading therapy notes) which made it very enjoyable.Finally, the discussion of how he had a story but didn't know how to tell it when he was younger was awesome. I am not a writer, and perhaps everyone else out there understood this point, but to have it so clearly spelled out made the insight so clear to me that I feel I could really understand exactly what the author faced, particularly since he related it to Harry Seldon in the Foundation series!I hope the rest of the book will be at least half this enjoyable! I'm really looking forward to it!
mauriziopietrantuono
Official Newbie!

Re: Ender's Game Introduction

Unread post

I haven't been able to read it, I did not like it at all.

Return to “Ender's Game - by Orson Scott Card”