• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

A Word in Conclusion

#123: Sept. - Nov. 2013 (Non-Fiction)
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

A Word in Conclusion

Unread post

As our discussion of this books seems to be coming to a close, I would like to thank Chris for allowing me to serve as Discussion Leader. :) It is always fascinating to learn other's viewpoints and opinions on these topics. To all who participated, thank you as well. :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: A Word in Conclusion

Unread post

Cattleman wrote:As our discussion of this books seems to be coming to a close, I would like to thank Chris for allowing me to serve as Discussion Leader. :) It is always fascinating to learn other's viewpoints and opinions on these topics. To all who participated, thank you as well. :)

Nice job, Cattleman! 8)

Post more often!
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Yes thanks Cattleman. I've just finished a book on Howard Hughes and was shocked but not surprised at how he was treated by his Mormon aides
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi heledd. As I recall, Hughes originally hired Mormons as his aides and bodyguards because they did not smoke or drink alcohol. But later they became more his jailers than his aides.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

He was given an overdose of codeine while he was unconscious. He was unconscious for three days before medical aid was summoned, his body was emaciated and full of bed sores, and broken hypodermic syringes. His aides inisted he was still alive when flown home, but th autopsy rejected this and insisted he died earlier, in Mexico, where they would have faced manslaughter charges. Fascinating man with a colourful history. Not got the name or author cos book returned to the book swap now
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

:thanks2: Thank you very much, Cattleman! You did an excellent job with this book discussion. :-)

Return to “The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion: The Mormons - by David Fitzgerald”