• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 756 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am

How should this discussion be organized?

#118: Mar. - May 2013 (Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

How should this discussion be organized?

Unread post

According to the table of contents I've found on Amazon.com there aren't individual chapters for this book. Does anyone have suggestions for how this discussion should be organized? We can divide the book into about 12 sections and create 1 thread for each section. I see the main book contains 453 pages / 12 = about 38 pages per section.

Any thoughts? :shock:
Aomame
Book Nut

Re: How should this discussion be organized?

Unread post

Chris,

I have the book here. It has 59 chapters - they are between 5 and 15 pages each. I have the edition from the publisher "Vintage International", the same that the Kindle version is based on.

Funny, if you click on the Kindle version, you see also a paperback version, but it does not appear in the search :-(

Here is the Link: http://www.amazon.com/My-Name-Is-Red-ebook/dp/B000MAH7UE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361200705&sr=8-2&keywords=my+name+is+red
Currently Reading:
Orhan Pamuk: My Name is Red/G.K. Chesterton: The Man Who Was Thursday/Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday/Bill Lauritzen: the Invention of God/Michail Bulgakow: The Master and Margarita/Laurence Sterne: Tristram Shandy/Leonardo Padura: The Havana Quartet/Thomas Mann: The Buddenbrooks: The Decline of a Family/Robert Rowland Smith: Breakfast with Socrates

Recently Finished:
Baratunde Thurston: How to Be Black/Norah Vincent: Self-Made Man/Elizabeth George: Well-Schooled in Murder

New on the shelf:
John Jeremiah Sullivan: Pulphead/Alex Vilenkin: Many Worlds in One/Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace/Joseph Conrad: Lord Jim/Neil Shubin: Your Inner Fish/Penn Jillette: Everyday Day is an Atheist Holiday
Aomame
Book Nut

Unread post

Oh, and I would like to volunteer for discussion leader :-)
Currently Reading:
Orhan Pamuk: My Name is Red/G.K. Chesterton: The Man Who Was Thursday/Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday/Bill Lauritzen: the Invention of God/Michail Bulgakow: The Master and Margarita/Laurence Sterne: Tristram Shandy/Leonardo Padura: The Havana Quartet/Thomas Mann: The Buddenbrooks: The Decline of a Family/Robert Rowland Smith: Breakfast with Socrates

Recently Finished:
Baratunde Thurston: How to Be Black/Norah Vincent: Self-Made Man/Elizabeth George: Well-Schooled in Murder

New on the shelf:
John Jeremiah Sullivan: Pulphead/Alex Vilenkin: Many Worlds in One/Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace/Joseph Conrad: Lord Jim/Neil Shubin: Your Inner Fish/Penn Jillette: Everyday Day is an Atheist Holiday
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Thank you for taking the reins with this discussion, Aomame. :-)

Since there are 59 chapters I'll create 6 threads of 10 chapters each. I've found with fiction books the fewer the threads the better.
Aomame
Book Nut

Unread post

That sounds like a good number of threads - enough to start a discussion but not too much to start forgetting :-)

I have started to red the book and I am fascinated about the writing!
Currently Reading:

Recently Finished:

New on the shelf:

Return to “My Name Is Red - by Orhan Pamuk”