• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Ragnar's lesson

#111: Sept. - Nov. 2012 (Fiction)
Mr A
Wearing Out Library Card

Ragnar's lesson

Unread post

Ragnar: They "will learn the lesson of what happens when brute force encounters mind and force."
Galt: "They've learned it." "Isn't that the particular lesson you have been teaching them for twelve years?"
Ragnar: "I?Yes. Bit the semester is over. Tonight was the last act of violence that I'll ever have to perform." " I will start getting ready to give a different course of lessons. I think I'll have to brush up on the works of our teachers first teacher."
That would be Akston, and Aristotle.
Rearden: "I'd like to be present at your first lecture on philosophy in a university classroom."
Later at the end of the novel, as Kay Ludlow is sitting in front of a mirror, thoughtfully studying film make- up in a battered case, Ragnar is reading/studying his teachers first teacher,Aristotle, while stretches on the couch.

Pray tell, where does and how does and to whom does he think he's going to be teaching, when the earth is "desolated", the country ruined, by the time he and the others go back? And, aboveall, why is he going into teaching, then, rather than beforehand?

To me, then, his method of teaching was "I'll teach them alright!!!!"
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
- Cyril Connolly

My seven published books are available for purchase, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/Steven-L.-Sheppard/e/B00E6KOX12

Return to “Atlas Shrugged - by Ayn Rand”