• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Lost Memory of Skin, Part 4; chapters 5-7

#104: Jan. - Feb. 2012 (Fiction)
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Lost Memory of Skin, Part 4; chapters 5-7

Unread post

LOST MEMORY OF SKIN

Russell Banks

Part four, chapters; five, six and seven
Damifino
Intern

Re: Lost Memory of Skin, Part 4; chapters 5-7

Unread post

I keep thinking the Professor is up to something. He has given the Kid the DVD they made. The one where the Kid interviews the Prof. Or is it? Maybe it's the one with the Kid being interviewed. And the Kid has all that money.

Somehow I think the Professor is going to pull a fast one. Change identities perhaps?

I can't put this book down.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Damifino wrote:I keep thinking the Professor is up to something. He has given the Kid the DVD they made. The one where the Kid interviews the Prof. Or is it? Maybe it's the one with the Kid being interviewed. And the Kid has all that money.

Somehow I think the Professor is going to pull a fast one. Change identities perhaps?

I can't put this book down.
I agree. Perhaps his Professorship is just another disguise.
Tigerlily22
Master Debater

Unread post

I find it interesting that Kid says the point of a novel is to find out what is true. This makes me question what is going on with the Professors scandal even more.

I am also curious to see what happens with Kid at the swamp. I wonder if the bugs will get to him (having lived near a swamp myself) or if he will enjoy the peace he will have out there.

I have found that this is the second section I was completely frustrated with as it felt like this was only a setup for future chapters instead of adding to the previous narrative. I almost feel like this book could be a collection of smaller stories about the same Kid.

Return to “Lost Memory of Skin: A Novel - by Russell Banks”