• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

"The Glass Bead Game", Chapter 7, In Office

#97: June - July 2011 (Fiction)
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

"The Glass Bead Game", Chapter 7, In Office

Unread post

The Glass Bead Game
Hermann Hesse

Chapter 7
IN OFFICE
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: "The Glass Bead Game", Chapter 7, In Office

Unread post

AHA!

I admit, I've been struggling with this book. Although I read in as a Sr. in HS and was looking forward to it, I've been bored with the descriptions of diplomatic missions back and forth, the interpersonal relationships in the rarified atmospheres of Castalia and the monastery, and so on... I've been debating about whether I can handle the rest of the book, over 300 pages to go...

But now I say AHA! because one of the few snippets I recall from reading this book so many years ago was the glass bead game based on the building of a Chinese house. I just reached that point and now I'm feeling more optimistic, we'll see......
hesse
Float like a butterfly, post like a bee!

Re: "The Glass Bead Game", Chapter 7, In Office

Unread post

Good for you, Lan!

Please consider this: Feng Shui was actually a 'building code' incorporating specific areas of the cosmos in the initial 'blueprint' phase of construction. Today we have a westernized version whereby you can change some drapes and the position of your furniture to get the desired energy flow....

Now apply the rules of Feng Shui to the GBG, an already constructed institution. Might as well hang some drapes....but maybe Elder Brother knew this.....
I can think, I can wait, I can fast........

Return to “The Glass Bead Game: A Novel - by Hermann Hesse”