• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Ch. 7 - And Creta Kano Makes Her Entrance

#84: June - Aug. 2010 (Fiction)
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Ch. 7 - And Creta Kano Makes Her Entrance

Unread post

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Haruki Murakami

Chapter 7,
And Creta Kano Makes Her Entrance / The Happy Cleaners
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Ch. 7 - And Creta Kano Makes Her Entrance

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that Murakami is setting the reader up, you certainly have to pay attention. What I have found intriguing is the bizarre connections and repetitions that he makes. For instance, the husband goes to the cleaners and hears music playing. The first song he hears is “The Hawaiian Wedding” song, the next song he hears, is one about Canada. A few chapters later, we listen to Creta telling the story of her sister. The sister once lived in Hawaii, then she moved to Canada. This type of repetitiveness runs through the chapters that I have read so far. Creta also mimics the wife’s words regarding their respective sisters. And of course, water runs through the book, and the missing cat. I have a feeling the missing cat means more than a feline gone missing.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski

Return to “The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A Novel - by Haruki Murakami”