• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What prompted Eugenie Scott to get into science?

#32: Oct. - Dec. 2006 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

What prompted Eugenie Scott to get into science?

Unread post

While surfing on the National Center for Science Education web site I read a few interesting factoids about our current author, Eugenie C. Scott. For those that aren't aware, Eugenie Scott is the NCSE's executive director. What inspired Eugenie C. Scott?NCSE's executive director Eugenie C. Scott was among a group of "key thinkers in science, technology, and medicine" surveyed by the on-line periodical Spiked in collaboration with the research-based pharmaceutical company Pfizer. They were asked the simple question: "What inspired you to take up science?" "I don't know," Scott begins her reply, "maybe packs of feral dogs." A practical interest in canine territorial behavior, coupled with a chance exposure to a college-level anthropology text, yielded a persisting fascination with evolution on her part, even though the subject was avoided in her high school biology class. "I had to wait until I got to college to study evolution," Scott concludes, "and I've been learning about it ever since."

Return to “Evolution vs. Creationism: An Introduction - by Eugenie Scott”