• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Do you consider this "creative writing"?

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Eriksoln
Permanent Ink Finger

Do you consider this "creative writing"?

Unread post

I used to play D+D and might get back into it soon. [Waits for the laughter and geek jokes to stop]

I might be starting a group that I DM for because I have a setting I'd like to create my D+D world in. When a DM creates their world setting, they write up a history/story for the realm. I like the story for mine a lot, just never took the time to put pen to paper. Soon, I might be.

If I were to post the history/story of my realm here, is it appropriate? Would anyone be interested in giving it a review, perhaps pointing out some places I could add to it?
They say 90% of the game is half mental.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Do you consider this "creative writing"?

Unread post

I would think that this idea of yours is posted in the correct forum, and yes, I would say that this is creative writing. Just make sure that you bring attention to readers that this is a story line for D&D. This could be very interesting, creative writing ideas come from many sources. Go for it! :)
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

I agree. Show us what you got! ;)
Eriksoln
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Cool. I will begin putting pen to paper....errr.........finger to keyboard.

I'll start first with a general timeline of the history of the Realm. I have to come up with a name for the Realms. I used to call it "Alexandria". Not sure I will continue to go with that. The title of the game setting was "Fallen Alexandria". We will have to see if anything better comes to mind.
Eriksoln
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I am actually working on this piece still. I'll have something posted soon, sort of a teaser.

Return to “Creative Writing”