Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Getting reviews 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Almost Comfortable

Post Getting reviews
Any tips on getting reviews?

The following user would like to thank MarieMattenson24 for this post:
R. LeBeaux
Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:35 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wearing Out Library Card

Post Re: Getting reviews
It takes a bit of an investment, but what has worked for me and my publisher is to send out copies of my books to friends, both personal and on Facebook. I usually call or e-mail personal friends first and send private messages to Facebook friends, asking if they might be interested. And I make sure to only approach those I know are readers. I do not, however, solicit reviews or even mention the possibility, until and unless they contact me with a compliment on the book. If the book has merit and you choose the right friends, this can result in about a 50% positive response. As I say, it takes a bit of an investment, and how much you spend should be based on your financial situation and the number of potential reviewers you believe are out there. Good luck!

Tue May 10, 2016 11:16 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membership
Official Newbie!

Yes, honestly I would be interested on getting feedback on this as well. Selling a book is already a difficult enterprise and getting someone to give feedback on it is next to impossible. So honestly I would like to see some feedback on this subject myself.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:19 am
Profile Email WWW
Official Newbie!

It does seem that the more reviews you have the more sales will improve. However as Alberto says this does become a nerve wracking constraint for the author who has no reviews or atleast no positive reviews. Its one of the many obstacles as a self published writer. Their is really no easy way out though, it all boils down to building your own audience by engaging with your readers thus these platforms are so important. It takes lots of time but is well worthed in the end, I have one book out and I've written various essays on my blog and I've learnt over the years in the writing craft you have to constantly engage with your readers even if it is in small quantities. I hope this helps. I have just published my book last year and still have not one review so I know the struggle lol I am doing my own marketing. I started last wek and Im doing the freebies as well as tweets. Lets hope it works

Click link for access to my book
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JDD78Z1/re ... rent+paths

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.