• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Blog of Maisy Malone

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ema_boo
Official Newbie!

The Blog of Maisy Malone

Unread post

HI

I'm hoping my comedy novel - The Blog of Maisy Malone, might be of interest to some of you.

My name is Maisy Malone. I’m seventeen years old, live in a ratty council house with my 60 year old, near-alcoholic Dad and a dog with a leaky bum.
This is my blog. You can either like it, or you can…well… blog off!! ;o)
Maisy is seventeen and has reason to be seriously fed up. Her Dad spends his days stagnating in his armchair, watching re-runs of Bargain Hunt, shouting abuse at their neurotic dog, Dave, or nursing his pint down at the Pride. Her mum fled the place years ago, on the back of a clapped-out, old bike, and is now planning the wedding of the year, to a man so damp you could grow mushrooms on him. Even her mates are distracted these days; Poppy is to be found rattling out her vampire love story and Jess is too busy obsessing over the latest bad boy to cross her path. Trouble is, her latest conquest is Maisy’s detested older brother, Ollie – recently returned to the family home. But what secret is he hiding?
And now Maisy has dropped out of sixth form in an attempt to bring some money into the family home. But will a range of eye-opening, temporary assignments provide Maisy the freedom she is searching for?
Or is home always where the heart is?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Blog-Maisy- ... 301&sr=8-1
mockingbird
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: The Blog of Maisy Malone

Unread post

Well done ema-boo or Eve on being published. I read your extract on Amazon. You've created a teen masterpiece that is easy to read. I hate big words that force you to dig out the dictionary and stop you reading. That sort of thing is best left to Vulcans. Keep writing!

Return to “Author's Lounge”