• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Recessional by James Michener

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Old Reb
Permanent Ink Finger

Recessional by James Michener

Unread post

Written in the early 1990's and probably his last book (he was 87 when it was written). The novel concerns older people and their differing reactions to the last years of life and how they cope with aging. Everyone knows James Michener and his more famous novels like Hawaii and Centennial, but this one kind of sneaks in under the radar. Not many readers have heard of it but IMO it's the best book he ever wrote. One thing: readers under 65 won't appreciate it but to older folks like myself it's very relevant and touches issues we deal with every day.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Recessional by James Michener

Unread post

Thanks for the tip. Being close to 80 myself, I will check it out.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “What are you currently reading?”