• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

How are you reading House of Leaves?

#69: Aug. - Sept. 2009 (Fiction)
Krysondra

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

How are you reading House of Leaves?

Unread post

Cover to cover?

Johnny Truant's story first?

Zampano's work first?

The Whalestone Letters first?

How are you entering the House of Leaves?
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never say a common place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..." ~ Jack Kerouac
poettess
All Star Member

Unread post

I read the book from cover to cover with small forays into Truant's letters from his mother and other appendices.

I found that Zampano's story and Truant's storyline coincided in some ways and so I would stop at a convenient point to read the footnotes whenever possible.
Krysondra

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

poettess -

I read the book the same way. I tried to go back and read it differently, but the experience was too jolting forme.
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never say a common place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..." ~ Jack Kerouac

Return to “House of Leaves - by Mark Z. Danielewski”