• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

"Suburbians" by William Kosh

A dedicated forum for discussing and celebrating your favorite short stories and short story authors.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Toobi
Getting Comfortable

"Suburbians" by William Kosh

Unread post

Just got done reading this short EmotoSingle this afternoon and wanted to share it. Very dark and twisted "Horror" story.

"When a young teenager named Nate releases a lifetime of ingrained racist contempt in what should have been a harmless encounter, the aftermath of blood dripping from his fingers becomes the least of his problems.

After a typical boy’s day of roughhousing and exploration, Nate and his friends believe that this day will end like any other. Instead, their parents’ prejudices become their own, as a jolt of adrenaline catapults this motley crew from adolescent bullying into the darkness of bloody murder.

Faced with the consequences of their actions, terror replaces rational thought. The boys embark on a journey to cover up their crime and face a number of challenges that push them to the brink of sanity. Local bullies, a gas station clerk, and eventually the police test their fragile bonds of friendship.

Suburbians is a heart-thumping EmotoSingle thriller, full of twists and turns that thrust us into the darkest side of teenage hatred and rebellion. Nate’s ability to feel hope and peace may be forever lost, along with his youth."

I normally don't get into Horror/Thriller kinda books but this one caught my eye so I gave it a chance. I was really impressed overall and would recommend it to any Horror/Thriller/Suspense fans out there. It was a little bloodly/gore and wouldn't say it was for children. The 16+ year crowd would be alright. The abstract art was beautiful and I actually found myself looking around the house when I was reading it. I wouldn't say it scared me... just.. made me think a little bit :) Let me know if you guys try it and what ya think about it.

Return to “Short Story Discussions”