• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Any volunteers to be discussion leader?

#36: April - June 2007 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Any volunteers to be discussion leader?

Unread post

Any volunteers to be discussion leader?As most of you know we always look for a volunteer to lead each book discussion. The job isn't difficult so please think it over and give it some consideration. All we ask is that you, as discussion leader, make an effort to read Deep Economy in a timely manner and post often. Just be involved and try to stimulate discussion. Maybe ask some questions or post some quality book reviews (positive or negative) you find on other sites. Be creative and help make the book discussion vibrant and dynamic. If you're interested in taking on the role of discussion leader for Deep Economy just say so right in this thread. We do expect volunteers to be relatively active BookTalk members. If you're brand new to BookTalk you might want to get some posts under your belt before you volunteer to lead a book discussion. From experience those members that are brand new have a much higher probability of drifting away and never returning. It is only when a member has been around for a while and gotten to know the other active members that they get hooked on the quality discussions our book discussion group offers.There is no hard and fast rule for what constitutes an "active" member, but for the sake of this issue let's use 50 posts as the minimum number of posts you must have in order to be considered for the position of discussion leader for one of our official book discussions. If you've made fewer than 50 posts and would still like the opportunity to take the reins on this discussion feel free to say so. We just might take you up on your offer.
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Re: Any volunteers to be discussion leader?

Unread post

I think it's time that I volunteer. "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds." Loricat's Book NookCelebrating the Absurd
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Any volunteers to be discussion leader?

Unread post

Thanks Loricat! You'll make a fine discussion leader I'm sure. I'll put your name up right now.

Return to “Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future - by Bill McKibben”