• In total there are 45 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

I am looking for a book and I don't know the title or author

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
danglingbells28
Official Newbie!

I am looking for a book and I don't know the title or author

Unread post

I am looking for a book. What I read a few years ago about 7 years ago or so

but the book was older I think. because I had bought it second hand at the time
Unfortunately I don't know a title or author. So I hope someone recognizes this.

It is about a hotel owner of an Italian hotel (I think) and the hotel is in financial trouble. One day the hotel owner / manager is going to climb a mountain with his wife but his wife has an accident then on the news the man is told that his wife was pregnant. He did not know that, his wife was in a dance group for children and they had to tackle it.
The owner's son had some issues himself, probably just some rebellion.

The hotel owner had his eye on a secretary after the death of his wife but when he tried to pick her up in her apartment one night she fell and died too, so there was a detective who investigates the case. .

Somewhere in the story there was also a man so a guest who died in his hotel room for eating mushrooms and I think jumped through the window. In the end there was a woman I think a boss or something who figured out what the hotel manager was doing to the secretary and she wanted to blackmail him with it but in the end the hotel manager's son throws the woman down and the hotel manager decided to be honest with the detective because what happened to the secretary was just an accident. And he had nothing to do with the death of that woman who threw the son down.

This is what I can remember from the book. I know it may be vague but it went like that. The book had too many cliffhangers for my taste, but I want the book again.

I hope someone has some idea what the book is called and who the author is.

I do not know if it is an English author because my version of the book was in Dutch, but that often happens that a book is translated into another language.

Thanks for the replies :)
danglingbells28
Official Newbie!

Re: I am looking for a book and I don't know the title or author

Unread post

you know that link has nothing to do with that book I'm looking for?
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

This article lists some resources that might help you find that book.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the- ... ket-newtab
danglingbells28
Official Newbie!

Unread post

here's an update. I found the book title and author and it was written by a Dutch author. I thank the people who have wanted to help me, you are great. :)

Return to “Everything Else”