• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Review book: The Corpse Exhibition & Other Stories of Iraq by Hassan Blasim.

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Amarilis
Official Newbie!

Review book: The Corpse Exhibition & Other Stories of Iraq by Hassan Blasim.

Unread post

Hi, introduce my name amaryllis. At the moment I am using the website as a means to make articles about books that I have read. Incidentally, I just finished reading the book The Corpse Exhibition & Other Stories of Iraq by Hassan Blasim.

And one of the reasons why I recommend this book is because this book is an example of contemporary literature that provides a new perspective in the world of Arabic literature, specifically for the theme "The Iraq War".

Maybe all this time we have known much about the story of the iraq war through non-fiction books and journalistic works. But here it can be seen that Hassan Blasim chose to take a more Kafkaesque approach, which cleverly combines elements of realism with fantasy, but is clad in an atmosphere of gloom in the style of Edgar Allan Poe, because 90% of the stories in this book are about death.

If you are interested in the book reviews I wrote, please visit: https://ebookintel.blogspot.com/
Virinchi
Getting Comfortable

Re: Review book: The Corpse Exhibition & Other Stories of Iraq by Hassan Blasim.

Unread post

Very useful. Thanks for this post

Return to “Everything Else”