• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

How Many Books is Everyone Reading?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Are you meeting your reading goals?

Yes

100%
No

No votes

Total votes: 3
ianbuchanan
Getting Comfortable

How Many Books is Everyone Reading?

Unread post

Hi all,

I know we all love to read, that's why we're here! But meeting our reading goals isn't always easy, at least not for me. I'm curious as to how much (as in how many books, minutes per day, etc.) you all are reading each month? How much would you ideally read in a given month? If the answer to these two questions is the same, do you have any tips for meeting your reading goals? But, if you're not meeting your reading goals, what is getting in your way? I know, for me, a lack of time always seems to be the issue. Also, books can get pretty pricey!

Thanks for the insight and advice everyone!
IBstudentMoksu
Getting Comfortable

Re: How Many Books is Everyone Reading?

Unread post

I read about 3-5 books per month. Now, this to some people might sound like a lot, but trust me, because when you do not have a social life or anything else to do with your time (other than school work) reading is the way to go. Also, I have a very long reading list that just gets bigger every week so that also pressures me to read a lot because day after day I get closer to death which means I wont be able to finish my reading list.

My tips for meeting your reading goals are:
- Go read somewhere without taking your electronic devices with you.
- if you read a certain amount per day for a month ->receive a reward
- Set realistic goals (too optimistic goals can discourage you)
- Start reading first thing in the morning (this works for me because I am a morning person, but this might not work for everybody)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I read maybe 2 or 3 books per month and I have been doing at least one audio book concurrently.
princesscookie19
Experienced

Unread post

I read every few chapters a day..it takes me about 2-3weeks to finish a book.If you go to the library and take out books you can read as much as you like.I find if I get it there I have time to read before bringing back the book. If I buy a book,I like to finish it and leave it on my window sil.

Currently Reading - Daisy War Chain.
karyanca
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I've recently stopped setting "number of books" goals as it is too easy for me to achieve (especially with the help of audio books) and encourages my lazy reading habits (reading only my favourite genres). Instead, I've been trying to concentrate on deeper reading and diversity of ideas.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Yes, quality over quantity. But it is still fun to hear how much other people read.

Return to “Everything Else”