• In total there are 21 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Hiya!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Melina
Getting Comfortable

Hiya!

Unread post

Hi everyone, I’m new here.
I’m Melina and I enjoy reading almost every kind of fiction (preferably fantasy, Sci-Fi/Dystopia and Period dramas but also romance, thriller etc.). I find it hard to name a favourite but „Gone with the wind“ and „Scarlet“ are veery high up.
I used to read about about two books a month, sometimes maybe three, but lately I have been more busy with creating so I mostly read at night before going to bed :)
I have a blog about books as well where I write occasionally.
That’s it I guess :-D
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Hiya!

Unread post

Hello Melina, and :welcome: to Book Talk. Always glad to meet a new reader. Like you I enjoy science fiction and (some) fantasy. I started reading sci-fi as a kid; my ABCs were Asimov, Bradbury and Clarke :wink: . I still read both, but also just about any genre I can lay my hands on (except romance) :no: . You will find us a friendly bunch, was eager to meet a new member.
Again, :welcome4:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Melina
Getting Comfortable

Re: Hiya!

Unread post

Cattleman wrote:Hello Melina, and :welcome: to Book Talk. Always glad to meet a new reader. Like you I enjoy science fiction and (some) fantasy. I started reading sci-fi as a kid; my ABCs were Asimov, Bradbury and Clarke :wink: . I still read both, but also just about any genre I can lay my hands on (except romance) :no: . You will find us a friendly bunch, was eager to meet a new member.
Again, :welcome4:
I haven’t read any Asimov but I really enjoyed Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury. I find it oddly accurate and relevant nowadays :(

Return to “Everything Else”