• In total there are 50 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Happy MLK Day

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Happy MLK Day

Unread post

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
Martin Luther King
That used to be the goal of Leftists in America--equal opportunity, tolerance, meritocracy.

But today the Left has degenerated into a race-baiting racist cult. They want to advance certain groups ahead of others based on skin color.

The latest ass-baring for the Left involves some kids from the Covington (Kentucky) Catholic High School. They were assaulted by Leftists but the media used video editing and a bullish social media campaign to make it look the other way ‘round. One of the hysterical leftists, a Disney producer, wanted to feed the children into a woodchipper:

I have no doubt that Martin Luther King would be appalled.

Rush to Judgment: Evidence Shows the 'MAGA Kids vs. Native American Vet' Narrative Was False

...In the hours and days since those first snapshots of the encounter made the rounds, however, it has become crystal clear that the original narrative was hugely misleading. Additional videos from different angles began to emerge, proving that the students did not swarm or try to block the drum-toting man; rather, he proactively approached them. We also learned that a small group of African-American men were hurling racial and homophobic insults at the boys, singling out the small number of non-white students in the group for especially grotesque abuse (including creepily telling a black student that his classmates would harvest his organs). The drum-beating Native American 'victim' was accompanied by someone who screamed at the students to "go back to Europe," profanely hectoring them over 'stolen' land. And the drummer himself acted strangely, choosing to approach one of the students wearing a red hat to play his instrument within inches of the boy's face....

townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/01 ... e-n2539332
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Happy MLK Day

Unread post

I agree with everything you said. When taken out of context it appears that the kid was indeed mocking that man but when you see the larger picture you see that the man was the instigator. Good post.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

All this nonsense is why i DON'T do social media (of any kind); :razz2:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Amen to that, Cattleman.

I was apprehensive about reading the OP, but relieved afterward. I mean, if McCain and Bush I were as evil as all get-out, why not King, too.

Both far-left and far-right are focused on keeping alive this Manichaean view of the other side as demented and theirs as holy. So an incident serves as proof that of that and vindication for the good people.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Here's a nearly two hour video of what happened in Washington:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQyBHTTqb38&fea ... e=youtu.be

It shows a group called the Black Hebrew Israelites cursing and berating anybody within range. They tell a group of American Indians that they lost their land because they were worshiping totem poles instead of God. The group of kids from the Covington school were caught between the Black Israelites and the Indians, and they merely tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Yesterday Alex Jones interviewed Robert Barnes, an attorney who's representing the Covington kids and their families. He's given all individuals and media organizations until midnight tonight to retract their defamatory statements. Surprisingly, even though the school kids have been shown to be entirely blameless in this matter, many Hollywood types are still calling for their blood. Literally. At midnight they will be subject to prosecution under Kentucky law, which is tenacious in protecting children from malicious assault. At midnight Mr. Barnes will have his list of those who refused to desist and retract, and apparently he will begin filing formal charges. He could conceivably bankrupt the big media conglomerates with these filings.

Covington boys’ lawyer receives bomb threat after telling media to retract false reports

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/covin ... -retract-f
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:But today the Left has degenerated into a race-baiting racist cult. They want to advance certain groups ahead of others based on skin color.
We see plenty of stupidity on both sides. I think it has more to do with stupidity, then left v. right.
-Geo
Question everything
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Only two members have voted in the new non-fiction poll.

Return to “Everything Else”