• In total there are 51 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Brazilian Greetings

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Felipebf
Official Newbie!

Brazilian Greetings

Unread post

Hello booktalk community,

I am Felipebf, from Brazil, 29 years old in 2017. I live in a capital in the South of the country, with around 2 million inhabitants. My main hobbies include: walks, meditation, old 90's video games, pen pal writing, and I do enjoy reading.

Reading is a new hobby in my life. 4 years ago I would just read geology stuff related to college. But I decided to give a chance to books that were not textbooks or reference books. So, 4 years ago I started reading maybe 1 book a month, and 4 years later I read in between 3 and 6 books a month, around 40-50 titles a year as an average. This year I started to read some theatrical scripts (plays) because I enjoy reading better than going to theaters (spending lots of money and sometimes with terrible actors).

My favorite genres are: World classics (mostly from XX and XIX century), Science Fiction (from PULP era till proper novels from famous authors), Brazilian Literature (I am new to this, but there is lots of content in this area, I read some mandatory readings at high school but in fact I just started to read literature in Portuguese recently), and my final interest are Non fiction books (Mostly about science, history of science, biographies, history).

I read on my e-reader, I buy few paper books a year (less than 10), and I use the city Library mostly to old content in Portuguese as "modern" titles there are at least 20 years old. To find plays and classic Brazilian literature it is quite good, but to recent stuff even Gutemberg project is more up to date than my library. :lol:

I already have participated on 2 online boards. I do prefer this system than social network. As I don't have any kind of social network and I am almost an offline guy (I must use less than 30min of internet a day, I am not 24/7 online as most of the world around me), this discussion board works well in my opinion. Well, it doesn't seem this board is updated many times a day, and to me this is awesome, so I can enter 2 or 3 times a week and be up to date with the new posts.

I hope I will be well received in the community and I will do my best to be an active part of it. :clap2:
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Brazilian Greetings

Unread post

Hello there Felipebf, and :welcome: to Book Talk.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Welcome.

I read screenplays sometimes. I prefer books for fiction reading, but screenplays in print form can be expensive. And they're free online, so sometimes I download a bunch of new scripts. Sites like Script-o-rama have big collections of free scripts.

The last screenplay I read was "Cobb." Never seen the movie, except in my head.

KS
Felipebf
Official Newbie!

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:Welcome.

I read screenplays sometimes. I prefer books for fiction reading, but screenplays in print form can be expensive. And they're free online, so sometimes I download a bunch of new scripts. Sites like Script-o-rama have big collections of free scripts.

The last screenplay I read was "Cobb." Never seen the movie, except in my head.

KS
This is really cool! I didn't know there were full movie scripts online. At the moment I jus read theater scripts but I will check those movies scripts too. Thanks.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

https://www.nyfa.edu/student-resources/ ... e-scripts/

That link goes to a page with 10 screenplay websites. You should be able to find whatever you like there.

I expect you know, but you can right-click your mouse and Save a play to your computer, so you can read it offline. I have a folder I dump them into, and then when I'm ready to read one, I have a selection to choose from.

KS
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”