• In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

~Insert cheesy cliche about new chapters~

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LynLlew
Getting Comfortable

~Insert cheesy cliche about new chapters~

Unread post

Hello, everyone!

My name is Linette Llewellyn. I found this site just today and I'm excited to join. I'm originally from Massachusetts, but moved down here to North Florida almost a year ago. I'm a little bit of a fish-out-of-water here, living on my own (with housemates) and separated from my husband, which is a bit of a long story (but that's how that goes).

I'm looking to reconnect with my love of reading and writing and start myself back on the right path...to rediscover the things that made me who I am.

I'm a humorist and essayist (unpublished, whatever), a frustrated foodie (foodie-ism is hard on a zero-dollar budget), a hopeless nerd (but luckily nerdiness is making a-mostly-welcome resurgence) and general all-around weirdo.

Reading is my favorite escape, and I love where a good book can take me. I also enjoy films and music....but there are few things as incredible as sharing in the hopes, dreams and imagination of another creator's mind.

And chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. And reading of course. With chocolate.

I'm also a little bit cheesy and emotional at times..heh. This makes a nice, tasty contrast to my sarcasm and occasional cynicism.

I hope to make some new friends here and have some stimulating discussions. And also to have frivolous discussions about awesomeness...if that is allowed.

Thank you for your time. See you out there :-D
“I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is improbably biased toward consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it--or my observation of it--is temporary?” ~John Green
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: ~Insert cheesy cliche about new chapters~

Unread post

Hello Lyn and :welcome: to Book Talk. Always glad to greet a new bibliophile. :) I also am an unpublished essayist, but hope to correct that soon. :hmm: Meanwhile, I attempt to write some fiction in addition to my essays, and have written several short book reviews in the last few years; these have been printed in the newsletter of our local library support group of which I am a member. We look forward to having you as one of us, and remember, you do not have to agree with everyone, :yes: :no: Just be polite and you will fit right in. :up:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to the community Linette!

Your post about Bill Nye was simply incredible. You're a very talented writer and I'm sure hoping to see more from you in the near future!

Would you care to join us in our discussion of Bill Bryson's book "A Short History of Nearly Everything?"
LynLlew
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi, and thank you for your kind words. I do love a good intellectual argument :)

I'd love to join the discussion. I'd need to read the material first, of course. I'll go and check it out.

Thanks again!
“I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is improbably biased toward consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it--or my observation of it--is temporary?” ~John Green

Return to “Everything Else”