• In total there are 44 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Greetings from the Granite State!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
kendrab333
Official Newbie!

Greetings from the Granite State!

Unread post

My name is Kendra and I am a female from Concord, New Hampshire, United States. I love to read (obviously), draw, play and watch sports, write, photograph basically everything, music, and am very family-oriented; grew up in a household of avid readers. I pretty much read a wide and scattered array of topics anywhere from fiction to nonfiction, horror to fantasy to poetry to romance to young adult to classics. I have a finely tuned, carefully selected, current library (expanding everyday) of over 1500 books. They are easily some of my most prized possessions as each novel is carefully selected. I have to like the feel of the book in my hand, the pages have to feel right, the font has to be approved; it all has to 'feel right' to be in my collection. I don't enjoy mass-market paperbacks at all, I don't have a single one. My collection is only kids books, trade papers, and hardcovers. It is not often I read a book and can't find something I liked within it's pages. I hope to obtain many good recommendations from other members. I found this site by searching for an active book club to join!
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Greetings from the Granite State!

Unread post

:welcome: Kendra. While I don't own as many books as you (I am currently downsizing while preparing to move to samller quarters), I have read more than that number in my 70 plus years. :wink: I too like a wide range of books. I read many trade paperbacks when I was younge (they were cheap), but advancing age and deterioating eyesight have forced a change for me. All I can say is "Than goodness for e-books." I know, they lack the feel of a 'real' book, but I can increase the type size, which is very important for me.

You will find lots of friendly people here, and everyone likes to talk about books. So again, :clap: :up: :welcome: :clap2:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
kendrab333
Official Newbie!

Unread post

First off, thank you for the welcome. Secondly, quite a number of close friends prefer e-books to hard copies because of the fact that it's much easier to travel with a Kindle or like device and also because of the lightness factor. My boyfriend has bad carpal tunnel and the hard copy of a book is too heavy for his wrists and so e-books are a great alternative. I love my library and I love hearing about others collections as well. Once again, thanks for the welcome and I look forward to future discussions!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”