• In total there are 44 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

cooking, good food, natural food, favorites, ethnic, recepies, and bad food.

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Kinmle
Getting Comfortable

cooking, good food, natural food, favorites, ethnic, recepies, and bad food.

Unread post

I am a bit of a foodie and spend a lot of effort on cooking, and also grow and otherwise do things with foods - like a bit of jam making, drying, trying things.

Tonight will be some kind of crab soup, flounder, baked or fried, kale from the garden, and home made peach/apple/berry pie (but with a bought crust so not really home made, but I grew the berries.)

I keep a pie in the refrigerator all the time - making a fruit pie with a bought crust takes me minutes if anyone cares to learn - so easy, and with any common real fruit is pretty cheap.

I do not seem to use cook books, this being a book site - but anyone have something to add on cook books?

I am mostly a non-fiction reader, and mostly history, and any reference to agriculture and the period and local foods always is exciting to me - but writers seem to pass over that.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Re: cooking, good food, natural food, favorites, ethnic, recepies, and bad food.

Unread post

Kinmle wrote:I keep a pie in the refrigerator all the time
An excellent rule to live by, at the moment in my fridge there is a pecan pie, store bought, but tasty none the less. :)

Welcome to BookkTalk.
Kinmle
Getting Comfortable

Re: cooking, good food, natural food, favorites, ethnic, recepies, and bad food.

Unread post

Hi Taylor, I live on the Gulf and caught a 18 inch speck trout last evening - I will have to fillet it in the kitchen (I have it in the fridge), and will have fish - my dogs absolutely love it and have to have a scrap after we eat or they are very annoyed. My chickens get fish every other day, menhaden I net them, we are a heavy fish consuming house.

In a bit I will be making a strawberry apple pie with a few blackberries to give it a full purple red colour. I grow 15 gallons of blackberries a year so they tend to find their way into all my desserts. Taylor, is this site very international? I haven't had time to look around - I am a serious non-fiction reader with a bit of literature. Do they mind if your thread becomes blog like? I want to start a gardening thread as I spend more time gardening than anything else but find people do not seem to care about it much.

It s raining away - storms coming, schools closed early. I must pick some kale for tonight to go with the fish so will get a bit wet, Last night we had a small broccoli plant. I like the young broccoli, pull up the whole plant, wash off any sand, strip the leaves of any ribs which may be fibrous, like with kale, chop the leaves and boil in a inch of water, stir and cook 10 minutes, put the little floret on top and cook another few minutes.

Raining out now! So dark I can hardly see the keyboard inside at 2 p.m.

So it is raining away hard -
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

Kinmle wrote: I live on the Gulf and caught a 18 inch speck trout last evening
Trout fishing is a blast, It is not unusual to slay them.
Kinmle wrote: I am a serious non-fiction reader with a bit of literature. Do they mind if your thread becomes blog like?

If you have a proposal to make or an essay idea, by all means lay it on us, there's no guaranty that you'll get a response but you may, Just set up an appropriate thread and have at it. :)

If I'm not mistaken you're flying the flag of Greenland, that would be a first that I have seen here, what an intriguing place, I'd like to hear about it. You write that you live on the Gulf if you don't mind, what area?.
Kinmle wrote:It s raining
El Nino kicking in since this time last year, I've not seen the amounts of rain where I live before. (south west Florida).
Kinmle wrote:In a bit I will be making a strawberry apple pie with a few blackberries to give it a full purple red colour.
This just sounds awesome.

Return to “Everything Else”