• In total there are 26 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Acharya S

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Acharya S

Unread post

Bad news
"Apologies for taking so long for a new update. I am so sorry to inform you that Acharya S/Murdock has taken a turn for the very worse. The cancer has become resistant and come back very aggressivesly and is taking over her immune system and liver. Chemosensitivity testing has revealed that absolutely nothing available can stop this type of cancer at this time.
The doctors have given only days to a week or so to survive. She is spending whatever time she has left with her dear son (only 13 years old), family and friends. We are devastated as we have done everything we possibly could to save her. I have spent the last 4 or 5 nights at the hospital with her to be at her side.
She is extraordinarily special to us. We/she feel like she never got her opportunity to really make her best case for her work in astrotheology and the mythicist position. She planned to do lectures around the country and the world. She was recently invited to be on the FFRF radio show with Dan Barker to discuss her Moses book and she was really looking forward to that. She has about 600 pages for her 2nd edition to her first book but, I am not sure if I will be able to finish it or not as so few can do what she does. I would need assistance possibly from Dr. Price &/or Dr. Zindler to finish that book.
Please continue to donate at her own websites at her donate page as at this point it's really about her son, his well being and his future. I will do my best to take care of him. I will maintain her websites, books etc. Keep in mind that every little bit helps $5, $10 or $15 from many can make a real difference. So please help out however you can if you haven't already.
http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/acharyapdfs.html
Needless to say, it is not a very merry Christmas around here"
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: Acharya S

Unread post

very sorry to hear that :cry:

i was just reading some of Acharya's work yesterday and thinking, damn this is fine fine work, so well researched, referenced and written and a real boon to be able to benefit so much from the seeking of another, so generously sharing with all.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

DM Murdock already has far more of Christ in her life than any believer in the literal historical fallacy does. Jesus of Nazareth was invented, not real. Understanding the natural allegory of Jesus Christ as the Sun and in continuity with other mythological figures such as Horus and Dionysus is the real acceptance of Christ in your life. Denial of evolutionary continuity through myth is a denial of Christ, whose truth is imaginary, not historical. Acharya has opened people's eyes to the natural meaning in the Bible as opening the order of the cosmos. Her wisdom and loving insight into the spiritual heritage of humanity serve as the shoulders of a giant upon which we can all stand to see further. Love always.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

This is really unfortunate.

I only know of her tangentially, but what I've been able to gather indicates she is a powerful thinker and communicator of ideas.

A shame to lose someone like this.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I remember when Facebook banned her for writing about child sexual abuse in the name of religion because she posted a pic of an African virginity test. There was such an outcry that FB rescinded the ban. That's the point I tried to make to Flann about Sol Invictus--the light, the truth, the knowledge, cannot be hidden or suppressed. It cannot be held back in the name of "forum rules" or "TOS violations" or any of that bullshit. When you try to suppress it, you just make yourself look bad.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

My condolences to fans of D.M. Murdock, who died on Christmas Day. I have never had a chance to read any of her books, but I always appreciate anyone who is willing to go against the grain. RIP!

NOTE: Robert Tulip posted something about her death on his Facebook page.
-Geo
Question everything
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

I started a thread at her forum about it: http://freethoughtnation.com/forums/vie ... f=4&t=4793

The remaining admin and mods are myself, Robert Tulip and Freethinkaluva22. I think youtube's GodAlmighty has been on hiatus, but I'm hoping he'll reconnect with us when he hears of her passing. The admin is going to keep things up and running and we're working on putting together a DM Murdock Foundation as something similar to comparative mythologist Joseph Campbell's Foundation in order to preserve, defend and promote her work and scholarship. I only knew her online, but I'm glad to have known her and had the private and public discussions that we've had. She and I were very like minded. And She was always grateful for my defending herself and her work from the usual apologetic attacks that she'd endure...

Last edited by tat tvam asi on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

How ironic can it get.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'm always sorry to hear when someone dies, especially a deep thinker that spent their life trying to uncover and illuminate truth. Whether she was on the right track or not I'm not qualified to say, but I do recognize her intellect and heart and feel for all that admired and respected her. I'd say the saddest thing is knowing she left a 13-year old son behind. What an age to lose a mom.

And Robert I feel bad for you too. I know you were her friend and are hurting right now.

Ant, please don't.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Please dont what?

It is ironic she died on Christmas.

As a volunteer of hospice care and a grief coordinator once for a large national hospital, i know a thing or tw9 about death and the impact it has on friends and family

This woman to me is no different or more special than any of the people i sat with at bedside, or met with their family members after.
Last edited by ant on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else”