• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What random acts of kindness have affected you?

#66: April - May 2009 (Fiction)
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

What random acts of kindness have affected you?

Unread post

Given: Once while sledding with my kids, very cold out, I encountered a family. A dad, two small boys, all bundled up, and a young girl. The young girl was bundled except for her feet, she was wearing thin canvas shoes. I had a pair of my boots in the car, so I gave them to her. My kids asked me that day, "Aren't your feet cold"?, well, yeah, but it felt so heart warming to see that young girl with a smile on her face!

Received: My husband lost his keys, searched for days, had finally given up. We received a call from our local grocery store. The keys were found! A woman had found the keys and noticed a Shop Right card on the key ring. She took the time, and had the smarts to use that card to contact us. The keys were found in the middle of a street, (fell out of hubby's pocket while on his bike most likely) and were badly crushed. We felt relief, and awe.

Two stories reflecting belief, and faith, two stories reflecting small miracles. Belief, faith, miracles and God have been hot topics here lately.
I have told my daughter, who is 18, "We have raised you with morals and taught you values, now it is up to you to decide for yourself how to use what you have been taught". Where are the miracles today? Where is God today? In random acts of kindness!

Suzanne

Return to “The Enormous Room - by E.E. Cummings”