• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Seven Thousand Years in the Stars

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Seven Thousand Years in the Stars

Unread post

This thread features a short youtube video in preliminary version that I have made using the astronomy software SkyGazer 4.5 It provides a scientific depiction of the movement of the vernal equinox over the traditional 7000 years of time according to Young Earth Creationism, from 4004 BC to about 3000 AD, helping to explain how Christianity used the observation of slow movements of the stars to form its mythological cosmology of creation, fall and redemption.

Here is a revised version of the text that goes with the video. This is work in progress, and I welcome comment on how to improve it (including use of a camcorder and tripod rather than a mobile phone balanced on a book as a video recorder.)

Seven Thousand Years in Three Minutes
This video traverses the conventional 7000 years of human history at a steady forty years per second, shown by the position of the sun at the March equinox against the stars. The equinox happens in spring and autumn when the sun, whose path is shown here in yellow, crosses the celestial equator, whose path is shown in white. Due to the slow wobble of earth’s axis the celestial equator moves through the stars at a rate of one degree every 71.6 years. The equator makes a full circle around the zodiac, a period known as a Great Year of precession of the equinoxes, in 25,771 years.

Let’s start. In 4004 BC, when the Bible says Adam and Eve fell from grace and were expelled by God from the Garden of Eden, we see here that the equinox point had just crossed the Milky Way between Gemini and Taurus.

Scientifically this time also marked the beginning of a fall season in the long term climate. The point where the earth is closest to the sun, known as the orbital perihelion, then crossed the September equinox, the annual beginning of fall. In previous cycles this event marked an increase in glaciers, just like how the northern fall is the start of colder weather each year.

We see the equinox precess back through Taurus and into Aries over the next three thousand years, the Bronze Age, still in Aries through the Iron Age from 1000 BC. Next we see that the hoof of the traditional picture of the lamb points to the spot where the equinox crossed into Pisces, the sign of the fishes, at the time of Jesus Christ in 21 AD.

This alpha and omega point in the sky at the beginning and end of the year between winter and spring forms the shape of the traditional Christian Chi Rho cross, formed by the three lines of the first fish, the zodiac and the equator. This crossing of the equinox into Pisces was probably known to ancient astronomers who could have predicted it for hundreds of years beforehand.

Since then, the spring point has advanced through Pisces. Meanwhile the perihelion point continued to move through the autumn months and crossed the December solstice in 1246 AD, marking the bottom point of the long natural climate cycle and the shift from cosmic fall into cosmic winter.

The equinox is now moving towards Aquarius. This cosmic movement is the basis for the idea that we are now at the dawn of the Age of Aquarius. The Bible says a thousand years are like a day for God. Considering this traditional 7000 year period against a week, the Sabbath millennium of peace and rest goes from about now until 3000 AD, when the equinox will be in the middle of the jug held by Aquarius, the water bearer.
Last edited by Robert Tulip on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: Seven Thousand Years in the

Unread post

Hi Robert, can you describe the symbol at the end of your post? I'm curious.
-Geo
Question everything
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: Seven Thousand Years in the

Unread post

geo wrote:Hi Robert, can you describe the symbol at the end of your post? I'm curious.
Yes, this is the chi rho cross which is a main core symbol of Christianity. See for example this use on a stick held by the pope:

Chi and Rho are two greek letters which look like X and P, so the cross combines them. As I explain in my rather wobbly video, my theory is that this symbol emerged from the original cosmology of Christianity, as a depiction of the moment when the vernal equinox crossed the line of stars that begin the Age of Pisces.

The origins of this symbol go back to the philosophy of Plato in the fifth century BC. In his dialogue The Timaeus Plato explains the basic scientific cosmology of the observation of the stability of the stars against the movement of the planets, describing the X (Chi) in the sky which is traditionally interpreted as the meeting of the zodiac and equator at the vernal and autumnal equinoxes. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_Rho#Celestial_chi

Over the centuries after Plato (and earlier in Babylon), astronomers watched this X move towards the first fish of Pisces, so its crossing of this line of stars, which are represented by the Rho or P, symbolised the messianic incarnation of God in the world, which gave rise to the imaginative fiction of the myth of Jesus of Nazareth.

The alpha and omega letters in the symbol of the Chi Rho cross are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. They symbolise the idea that Jesus Christ is the beginning and end of the age. This myth is traditionally corrupted into a heavenly supernatural meaning but actually refers simply and elegantly to the observation of the precession of the equinox producing the ages of the zodiac. Watching my video (despite its mobile phone wobbles) will help people to visualise all this in a simple and clear way, in terms of what the ancients could actually see and predict.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: Seven Thousand Years in the Stars

Unread post

Thanks, Robert.

I will check out the video at some point.

Believe it or not, I'm actually thinking of getting a tattoo. I might use this chi rho cross for its esoteric/mystical value.
-Geo
Question everything

Return to “Science & Technology”