• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 742 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

Trump Watch

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Re: Trump Watch

Unread post

So now we are treated by Bill Barr to the pleasure of having taxpayer money defend our Dear Leader from a defamation suit stemming from his rape of E. Jean Carroll in the 1990s.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/nyre ... -rape.html

There are other accounts on line if that one has a paywall.

Apparently there is a law that protects Federal employees from lawsuits (presumably so that questionable government behavior does not land in the lap of some hapless functionary - hardly the case we are talking about). Anything to stall till after November.

But a ruling permitting the discovery process to go forward has Trump on the hook to provide a DNA sample to compare to the dress she had on at the time. Sound familiar? Maybe Donnie had Clinton envy?

So, he denies having done such a thing ("she's not my type") but of course his big chance to exonerate himself will be met by stalling and legal maneuvering. Because, well, jeez, I get tired of pointing out the obvious about his lies.

So I would just note that his projection onto Mexican immigrants is glaring for all to see. Pointing the finger and calling them rapists. Huh.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Trump has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Congrats.

When you think of a past president who was at war his entire 8 years in office, bombed the hell out of the middle east the entire time, and built cages to hold immigrants, hey, why not, since you, Mr President actually achieved something positive in the middle east that lesser men will never admit.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

So I would just note that his projection onto Mexican immigrants is glaring for all to see. Pointing the finger and calling them rapists. Huh.

I am Mexican.

This is white liberal bullshit.

Trump did not "call" all Mexicans immigrants rapists. He was referring to the many criminal elements that do in fact make their way across the border (mixed in with good, decent immigrants).
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

It's apparent that Trump is racist. If you can't see it, you're in denial. Naturally he can't harm his image publicly, but we can look to those who've been around him. Everyone who speaks out about him mentions his racist language. Like Cohen, who recalls Trump saying "'Plus, I will never get the Hispanic vote. Like the blacks, they're too stupid to vote for Trump. They're not my people.'"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Keep in mind that being nominated won't mean much if a majority of the Nobel committee doesn't vote for Trump. It's not even as much of a distinction as being nominated for an Oscar, since it's just one of thousands of eligible people who nominated Trump. I'm not saying the Israel-UAE accord isn't a significant achievement, but it's questionable whether the Nobel committee will see this as groundbreaking without the key element of a Palestinian homeland included. Is it just as good as what Obama did to merit the prize? Could be; I haven't gone back to look.

Say Trump gets the Nobel Prize this October (which I think is very unlikely). He still doesn't deserve to be our president.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:It's apparent that Trump is racist. If you can't see it, you're in denial. Naturally he can't harm his image publicly, but we can look to those who've been around him. Everyone who speaks out about him mentions his racist language. Like Cohen, who recalls Trump saying "'Plus, I will never get the Hispanic vote. Like the blacks, they're too stupid to vote for Trump. They're not my people.'"

This is the typical hypocrisy espoused primarily by white liberals who have never experienced racism and have bestowed a self righteous authority on themselves to point it out to people of color.

What the typical politically motivated white man is really saying here is not "if you can't see it."
What is being said is "I, as a white authority, can tell you WHEN you should be offended by allegations of racism and who is in fact a racist"

NONSENSE

Racism, biases, etc are not unique to Trump and they certainly have been found to be characteristics of other (old) white politicians.
Youtube Biden's consistent condescending tone he carries when he speaks to black Americans.

Personal 3rd party recollections do not count as evidence.

You'd like for me to be offended by something stupid like Trump eating a taco salad, pandering for the Hispanic vote.
I, and many other Hispanic people I know from the left and right will not be outraged by nonsense or unsubstantiated accusations against any white politician. Particularly if the accuser is himself white. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

You aren't fooling anyone with your virtue signaling.
Stop it.
Last edited by ant on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Personal 3rd party recollections do not count as evidence.
You reject a character witness not because it's invalid, but because you just want to argue.
This is the typical hypocrisy espoused primarily by white liberals who have never experienced racism and have bestowed a self righteous authority on themselves to point it out to people of color.
Get off your high horse. I've experienced racism and I can recognize racism. It's everywhere and white people are targeted by it also. I'm guilty of it, having been raised in a household with a racist father.

I'm not telling you when to be offended, or if you should care. I'm saying your defense of the orange idiot is misplaced.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

You reject a character witness not because it's invalid, but because you just want to argue.
Oh!!! I shouldn't argue about this!! I should be a good Mexican and take it as truth!!

Character witnesses are for courts of law where they can be cross examined and material evidence can be presented and properly evaluated for relevance.
Nice try.

You get off your high horse, buddy.

i don't hold any anger against virtue signalers. And I certainly am not mad at a particular group just because they are of a different color.
There are lots of good people everywhere, from every culture, and every color.

I understand that we all commit the same errors in reasoning from time to time and use the same heuristics.
Many people want to be considered authorities in a particular topic and some even dunning kruger themselves again and again without realizing it.

As it relates specifically to this, I forgive your ignorance.

Chill out. Go milk one of your cows.
Last edited by ant on Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:So I would just note that his projection onto Mexican immigrants is glaring for all to see. Pointing the finger and calling them rapists. Huh.
ant wrote:I am Mexican. This is white liberal bullshit.
Trump did not "call" all Mexicans immigrants rapists. He was referring to the many criminal elements that do in fact make their way across the border (mixed in with good, decent immigrants).
Here's the quote:
"When Mexico sends it people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people,"
Note what is implied by "they're not sending their best." So your family of origin was not Mexico's "best"? Everybody knows that people have problems and bring problems with them when they move. But this quote is an accusation, and a characterization. It would have been easy to use terms like "includes" that put some context on it. But Trump doesn't deal in context. He deals in attacks. And that is quite obviously an attack.

I never said he called all Mexican immigrants rapists. But I cannot imagine what would motivate any person of Mexican ancestry to paper over this as though it was an even-handed regret about the full humanity of immigrants. Trump's idea of balance is, "and some, I assume, are good people." As though there is a sprinkling of normal folks mixed in with "people that have lots of problems."

Then there's the picture painted by "they're sending . . . " as though some official organization is unloading the really bad people into the United States, as Castro once let people out of jail to send to America.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

My wife showed me a Facebook meme showing a fire alarm. "This is a Trump alarm. It remains silent, so no one will panic."

This is the week we learned that Dear Leader was too kind to mention that the new virus is airborne or that it is more deadly than the flu he was publicly saying it was equivalent to.

And in related news, a whistleblower at the Department of Homeland Security let us know that he had been pressured to slant the counterintelligence assessment to downplay the threat from white supremacists and other right-wing extremists, which are objectively more deadly than antifas by far, as well as Russian interference in the election. I'm betting the pee tape is real.

Return to “Current Events & History”