• Who is online

    In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 786 on Sun May 10, 2020 1:56 am

Trump Watch

A forum for the friendly discussion of national and international politics, history and current events.
User avatar
Harry Marks
Authors are MY fans!
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 10:42 am
10

ant wrote:I found one of perhaps 3 people alive today that defend the USPS !

The USPS has suffered significant financial losses for the past 11 straight years and has been riddled with incompetence.
I'm hardly an expert on the USPS, but I suspect that the typical comment in the press is true: the USPS has public mandates, such as delivering daily to rural addresses, that make it difficult to compete with the commercial operations who can solicit the highest profit business and ignore those who don't want to pay their rates. Some people's conclusion is that we should therefore ignore those who can't pay the cost of UPS or Fedex. I would prefer a system in which the cost of the mandate is paid by the public sector, and they can just compete as well as possible for the rest.

I know I don't want to trust my ballot to Fedex, or any other private sector entity. Which raises questions about electronic voting - vote by Gmail?
User avatar
ant
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm
10

While people are watching Trump, the racist old dinosaur Joe Biden opens his mouth again to let us know he still clings to old stereotypes about black americans



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNrAeOqly4

Black people don't have diversity of thought

Asking him to take a cognitive test is the same as asking a black man if he's taking drugs.

Notice the patronizing way Joe talks to black me "Common, man!"

Also, Joe can't even complete a sentence without mangling the words

Unbelievable. Who can support this racist?
Another racist,maybe.
Last edited by ant on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ant
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm
10

Harry wrote:
I know I don't want to trust my ballot to Fedex, or any other private sector entity.
Right, but you trust the post office.


https://www.cnsnews.com/article/nationa ... quests-wva
User avatar
DWill
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 6926
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 am
13
Location: Luray, Virginia

ant wrote:While people are watching Trump, the racist old dinosaur Joe Biden opens his mouth again to let us know he still clings to old stereotypes about black americans



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNrAeOqly4

Black people don't have diversity of thought

Asking him to take a cognitive test is the same as asking a black man if he's taking drugs.

Notice the patronizing way Joe talks to black me "Common, man!"

Also, Joe can't even complete a sentence without mangling the words

Unbelievable. Who can support this racist?
Another racist,maybe.
Nice, calling the black primary voters of South Carolina, who put Biden over the top, racists. If there's racism, it's a thimbleful compared to who he's running against.
User avatar
ant
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm
10

Just a thimbleful??

I guess us people of color should be happy about that.
User avatar
DWill
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 6926
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 am
13
Location: Luray, Virginia

ant wrote:Just a thimbleful??

I guess us people of color should be happy about that.
Which candidate will have the overwhelming support of people of color?
User avatar
ant
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm
10

DWill wrote:
ant wrote:Just a thimbleful??

I guess us people of color should be happy about that.
Which candidate will have the overwhelming support of people of color?

Not really relevant to me personally because I do not base decisions on color
User avatar
DB Roy
Awesome
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:37 am
6

It's funny how Jerry Falwell, Jr. has essentially lost his job as head of Liberty University for posting a photo of himself with a woman other than his wife and both have their pants unzipped. I mean, sure, it's typical hypocrisy of Christian leaders and, sure, Christians are dirty, little perverts behind closed doors. We all know this and Christians know it as well, obviously, but the real hypocrisy is Christians criticizing Falwell while having no problem with Trump screwing porn stars and paying them to shut up and putting his hands all over his daughter's ass, bragging about grabbing women by the pussy and deliberately walking in on beauty contestants while they're half-dressed. All of that is fine because GOD chose him, you understand, because god can use ANYBODY, you see. But be someone who isn't Trump posting a pic of yourself with your zipper down and those same Christians force you out of your job for being a pervert. What's the matter, Christians? God can use anybody--even a pervert! Addle-brained morons.
User avatar
DWill
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 6926
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 am
13
Location: Luray, Virginia

I wonder if the looters or rioters in Portland and Chicago realize they're aiding Trump's reelection bid. I'm concerned about that, as well as about the harm they're inflicting on other people.
User avatar
ant
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm
10

DWill wrote:I wonder if the looters or rioters in Portland and Chicago realize they're aiding Trump's reelection bid. I'm concerned about that, as well as about the harm they're inflicting on other people.

That satire?
Don't know why anyone would think they care if he gets re-elected.


What's out on the streets in cities like Portland and Seattle (Chicago is just mostly thugs out looting) are the children of milk-tea liberals.

Even if they do bother to vote democrat the very idea these lowbrow idiots are democrats is a shameful reflection on the party itself.


side note:
I haven't noticed any of these criminals wearing MAGA caps, have you?
User avatar
DWill
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 6926
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 am
13
Location: Luray, Virginia

ant wrote:
DWill wrote:I wonder if the looters or rioters in Portland and Chicago realize they're aiding Trump's reelection bid. I'm concerned about that, as well as about the harm they're inflicting on other people.

That satire?
Don't know why anyone would think they care if he gets re-elected.


What's out on the streets in cities like Portland and Seattle (Chicago is just mostly thugs out looting) are the children of milk-tea liberals.

Even if they do bother to vote democrat the very idea these lowbrow idiots are democrats is a shameful reflection on the party itself.
Not satire. It's not about whether a single one of them will vote in the election, either, but presumably they'd see Trump's reelection as not a good thing. It's about creating a segment of voters that may look at what these people are doing and vote for the candidate who speaks or acts most strongly against it--even if they dislike Trump for many other reasons. Joe Biden should speak out forcefully against burning and looting, several times.
User avatar
ant
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm
10

Joe Biden wont be speaking forcefully against the burning and looting because his entire party hasn't and won't.

Can't see how anyone can't see or understand that.
User avatar
DWill
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 6926
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 am
13
Location: Luray, Virginia

ant wrote:Joe Biden wont be speaking forcefully against the burning and looting because his entire party hasn't and won't.

Can't see how anyone can't see or understand that.
Chicago mayor certainly did, though, didn't she? It will not surprise me if Biden does, though it will disappoint me if he doesn't. He's not for defunding the police, so with that as an example, you can't say he's beholden to the more radical political wing.
User avatar
ant
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm
10

DWill wrote:
Chicago mayor certainly did, though, didn't she?
Yes, but that fact did not exist in a vacuum, did it?

What did it first take for that to happen?

What's the old saying - a Republican is really Democrat that got mugged.
User avatar
ant
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm
10

Here's a Trump Watch item for today:

"This historic diplomatic breakthrough will advance peace in the Middle East region and is a testament to the bold diplomacy and vision of the three leaders and the courage of the United Arab Emirates and Israel to chart a new path that will unlock the great potential in the region," the statement said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/is ... r-BB17VscX



(bad Trump.. bad)
Post Reply