• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

Tri-Time: Exciting Sci-fi Novel

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Who likes my storyline?

I really like it and want to get the eBook

No votes
It is really good and I will mention it on social sites

No votes
I think its a good storyline

No votes
Its okay

67%
I'm not a fan of it

No votes
I wouldn't read it

33%

Total votes: 3
Haileyscifi3

Tri-Time: Exciting Sci-fi Novel

Unread post

Tri-Time on Amazon

I am the writer of Tri-Time, the exciting new scifi Ebook. Tri-Time is a suspenseful YA adventure. Below is the synopsis of my book. Please take the poll afterwards and let me know your thoughts. Thank you :)

Tri-Time is a sci-fi adventure with elements of suspense. Atliy, short for Atlanta, is a; highly intelligent, wise, and quick-thinking eleven yr old girl. Atliy befriends Augey who is; comedic, loyal, and a bit cowardly. Towards the beginning of the book, weird whether occurrences begin to happen. Thresholds start appearing all over the place and weird lighting shades the sky. Atliy and Augey set out to figure out what is happening. Soon enough they are greeted by a strange, quirky girl named Zinky, who seems to know more about the situation than she is letting on. It becomes increasingly evident that the cosmos could be in immense danger. Atliy, Augey, and Zinky are thrown into an adventure where they must save the cosmos from what Atliy determines is a Tri-Time. A Tri-Time is when three times begin elapsing over themselves. Will these brave girls save the cosmos? Or will all life get sucked up into a super black hole, dense beyond imagination?

And here is the purchase link:
http://www.amazon.com/Tri-Time-ebook/dp ... 513&sr=1-1

Thanks again!!!
Wade Garret
Almost Comfortable

Re: Tri-Time: Exciting Sci-fi Novel

Unread post

I can kinda see where you're going with this, the quirky fun to it, but I think you need to redo your synop. You should too, given the timid Ok rating it's getting.
There's a lot there, but you didn't say much.
1) If it's an adventure, you don't need to also say it has elements of suspense—that's a give in or it wouldn't be much of an adventure, now would it?
2) What do YOU mean by "thresholds"?
3) A Black Hole is already dense beyond imagination, to say it's a Super Dense Black hole, is like saying a Super Hot Inferno. Duh! It's an inferno.

My B.S attempt to simplify your synop

Tri-Time is a Sci-Fi adventure where Atliy, short for Atlanta, and Augey, her reluctant, yet always loyal sidekick, set off to unravel the strange light in the night sky over their neighborhood. Along the way, they make a new friend, Zinky, who quickly suggests she knows more about the alien display than what she's letting on. Later, after learning about Thresholds and with the strange light only worsening, Zinky finally comes clean. The cosmos are in danger. How will the friends save the world from the supernatural force of three time periods, each simultaneously seeking to eclipse the other? Will these brave girls save the cosmos or will all life get sucked into a black hole?

Yours was 167 words
Mine, 118

I would then take that, and edit it down as much as possible to get the most concise, direct message of my book.

At the end of the day, it's your book; take my humble advice or that of anyone else at your pleasure.

I'm a nobody, but I like to help.

Wade

wjgarret.blogspot.com
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Tri-Time: Exciting Sci-fi Novel

Unread post

Vanessa, I agree with Wade. Sometimes less is more. I have been reading science fiction for over fifty years, and enjoy a good yarn. :) I know I am not in your target audience, but am trying to help. Would I read this book? Probably; the only thing is, my list of 'to read' books is growing faster than my ability to move one to the 'read' (past tense) list. :( Good luck.

Wade, nobody is a nobody. :wink:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Author's Lounge”