• In total there are 33 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Horror(ish) Short Story

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
photon

Horror(ish) Short Story

Unread post

Hello everyone,

I was suddenly reminded today of a short story that I had read a long time ago, but I can't seem to remember its title or the author. I searched online and came across this forum and thought maybe someone here might know which one it is if I described it a little.

I read it a long time ago, so I don't remember it exactly, but it was basically about a woman who is engaged to be married to a man she is very impressed by. She visits his home one day when he is not there.
Spoiler
As she enters, there is a sign at the door saying "Be brave". As she proceeds deeper into the house she reads another sign saying "Be brave, but not too brave". And there are similar signs on successive doors where she is warned about being brave in more threatening tones until she reaches a closet where she discovers evidence of the man's evil doings. End of short story.

[END SPOIER]

I think this is a short story by a well-known author, since I read it in an anthology, but I can't remember much of it right now. So If any one knows which story I'm talking about, I'd appreciate it if they could share the information.

Thanks
Patrick Kilgallon
Float like a butterfly, post like a bee!

Unread post

Try typing the words that you remember in the story on the internet then maybe it will pop up in results. Lemme know what happens.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”