• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Russ I. introduction

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Russ
Getting Comfortable

Russ I. introduction

Unread post

Top of the morning!
As a new member of this site, I was told to introduce myself, here, awkward as it might be.
I am a middle-aged, young man with a great wife and 2 fine, young men who I proudly call 'my sons'.
Professionally, I have had a number of diverse careers. I spent years in non-profit organizations, in both 'direct care' and mgt. positions, working with the developmentally disabled, substance abusers, and other groups of folks. I ran a restaurant for a national chain. I owned a computer business. And worked in state government.
For years, I designed and conducted workshops dealing with relationships, dating, entrepreneurship, and more.
I am a Food Network 'addict', who loves to cook and create my own recipes. (Working on a cookbook... )
I adore music of many genres, board and card games, and sometimes, simply vegging.

Anyway. This is me, in a nutshell.

Russ
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Welcome, Russ! Your intro. was very interesting. Which job did you like most? The workshop facilitator sounds like a lot of fun!
Krysondra

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

Hi, Russ!

It's a pleasure to have you here on the site. You're writing a cookbook? Maybe you could share some of your easy recipes with me. I can cook. I'm just a lazy cook. *G*
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never say a common place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..." ~ Jack Kerouac
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Nice to meet you, Russ. :smile: My wife and I watch Food Network all the time and then she attempts to duplicate the recipes she sees. To be honest she is an amazing cook. And I'm an amazing eater. :shock:

Welcome to the community!
Russ
Getting Comfortable

Thank you, All!

Unread post

1st, let me thank you, all, for responding to my intro and making me feel so welcomed.

Yes, my favorite career was that of a workshop creator/ facilitator. Actually, I hope to get back into it, through the web!

As for cooking and the Food Network, I cook for the family on Sundays. It helps relax me and gives me another creative outlet.

I look forward to learning more about each of you and other members.
Again, thank you, for welcoming me.

Russ

Return to “Everything Else”