• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Trying to Find a Transportation Book for Kids

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
CountvonStafford
Official Newbie!

Trying to Find a Transportation Book for Kids

Unread post

Hello. So I have been hit with nostalgia from some old books I used to own as a kid. I have been looking for a transportation book that I used to own. I cannot remember the title of it but I am pretty sure it had a pink or purple cover and it was all illustrated. The one thing that I can definitely remember is that it had these pages that showed the evolution of a particular mode of transportation.

I remember that one had several steam locomotives with the last one being a 4-4-0 and had drawings that showed how a steam locomotive, a diesel, and electric locomotive worked. It also described how a car worked (there was also a similar evolution page for cars). There was also a page that showed the interior of a cruise ship.

Finally, there was a page that described different kinds of bikes with what I am guessing was a brother and sister duo riding a tricycle at the top (with the sister frantically yelling “Go! Go! Go!”), a bicycle in the middle being ridden by a boy with glasses, and a motorcycle at the very bottom (they seemed to be competing in a race as they had numbers on their backs).
CaitlinDBurnside
Getting Comfortable
Great Britain

Re: Trying to Find a Transportation Book for Kids

Unread post

Hi, here's a list of good transportation books for children on Amazon USA:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Chi ... books/3284

Hoping it helps!

CaitlinDBurnside
"Writing is the painting of the voice."
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/cdburnside

Return to “Everything Else”