• In total there are 25 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Verdant Flame Demon

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Tharrg
Official Newbie!

The Verdant Flame Demon

Unread post

First Time Posting

My name is William Brewer and I just recently got the courage to finish edits and publish my first book in the Series that I have been working on for years. This a take on an Isekai trope of our protagonist being whisked into another world. Building on the fantasy that is kin to the many RPG-style pen-and-paper games that have come and gone over the years as well as a few anime fantasy concepts that have cemented themselves over the decade.

Book 1
The Verdant Flame Demon : The Bones of Fate.

Whisked away to another world. Eric finds himself in a land of magic and fantasy, ripe full of monsters and dangers. Breaking free of fate and carving out his newfound path. Can he overcome the dangers in the new world or will he sub come to the dangers posed by the monsters and men who rule the lands?

Book can be found over at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN8513K3

Tharrg
Official Newbie!

Re: The Verdant Flame Demon

Unread post

The story follows Eric as he finds himself thrust into a world of magic and monsters. Pushed by his own desires to correct the regrets of his past while struggling to use what fate has thrown in his lap.

"Eric's heart was pounding, there was a stream of sweat pouring down his face, his eyes were burning from the smoke pouring up the hill from the town below. The screams of the inhuman monsters outside the walls were deafening. He could feel the hairs on the back of his neck stand as another volley of shots erupted, They would break through any moment. Why did I not stay inside?"

Both Kindle and Paperback are Available.

A note to readers: Violence through fantasy combat, swearing, and adult themes.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN8513K3
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org, William!

This sounds like my kind of fantasy book. Have you ever read Joel Rosenberg's Guardians of the Flame series? In Book 1: The Sleeping Dragon, a group of college students are magically transported from the real world into the fantasy world of the role-playing game (something like Dungeons and Dragons I suppose) they thought they were "playing" together on campus.

So what is the means by which your story goes from the real world to the fantasy world?
Tharrg
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thanks for the reply.

I have not heard of that book series before. Though it does align with the kind of stories and books I typically do read. In my story, the protagonist is forcibly pulled through a magical gateway into a realm between the worlds.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”