• In total there are 17 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

My first book - Ukraine - The cemetery: The place where dreams are buried

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
alexver
Official Newbie!

My first book - Ukraine - The cemetery: The place where dreams are buried

Unread post

This is my first attempt at writing a book. Please don't criticize me too harshly. The book was born on February 24, when Ukraine was invaded and I had to leave the country with my family.
I will be very grateful for your support by providing an honest review of my first book. A story of a child who had a dream. You can find the book on amazon in the link below https://a.co/d/3R9D0kQ
Last edited by alexver on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexver
Official Newbie!

Re: My first book - Ukraine - The cemetery: The place where dreams are buried

Unread post

Do you know what people like to repeat all the time? That dream came true. And that is not surprising. No, I do not mean that dreams come true. But, I mean that it is not surprising that people like to repeat that term because the truth is that the alternative is so sad that even considering it could leave a gaping hole in our chest where the heart should be.

All my life, since I was a little boy, I have always been interested in everything. It was like, everything that people wanted, I wanted. So I could incarnate myself in their skins, trying to figure out the fantastic point about their unwavering desire.

Why could one desire become such an urgent need that would lead a person to dedicate their entire life to pursuing that dream without even considering new paths or changing something that, in one way or another, kept them away from their final goal?

I have been listening to people babble about their desires and how they would achieve them all my life. I remember hearing hundreds of plans, expectations, and thousands of things presented in front of me with justifications, actions, plans, and everything that would cause a person to win.

I have learned that no matter who you are, you always have a way to get to the end of the road, achieve your goal and be happy, and finally rest in peace.

No matter where you come from, whatever your social status is, or how smart you are, it's always the same story. It's always what you want to achieve.

Those are the stories that fascinate us, that we always hear, those are the stories that they want to tell us about us, those are the stories that everyone drops into our hands because those are the ones that continue to encourage the nature of dreams.

Failure did not exist, as if that faceless evil that limits those to die without ever seeing their greatest desires confirmed. Instead, those desires are lost in a sea of anguish and melancholy mixed with the cries of the lost.

We already have a lot of that.

This is my story, which is born from those lost angels, those shipwrecked ships, and those terrible decisions we lose.

Lost opportunities, battles we were unable to win, those cries of perdition that nobody wants to hear to keep their heads above water.

This was always me, listening to dreams since I was little. But like me, the dreams got old and reached a point where they were not controlled. Instead, they looked at me and told me I would meet my expectations. They even gave me detailed plans of how they would do it.

As time passed, I came to this place, and now I can see them again; their dreams were not fulfilled, some changed, and others died in the dark, but the truth is that no one knows where they are because no one could ever hear their story.

This is the dream of the one who wanted to dream and failed. However, it is ironic because I have a goal of my own that I want to achieve, and to achieve it, I have to listen to the most negative stories about others who, like me, dared to dream but never succeeded.

The irony is what carries the world on its back, and that irony comes with us. It's ironic that to fulfill my dreams, others have to fail, but that's the nature of life. We can't all be winners, if we could, losers wouldn't exist, and victory would lose its heavenly grace.

This story will relate how cruel life can be and how within the smiles of those who live an unrealized dream, there is the hope that the emptiness of their hearts can be filled in another way, in a purer and concretely, in a way that represents them in the deepest of the abysses formed by their loneliness.

My name is Marcus, and this is the story of unfulfilled dreams.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”