• In total there are 37 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Strange and Macabre Short Fiction Collection

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
MichaelGerard93
Official Newbie!

Strange and Macabre Short Fiction Collection

Unread post

Fellow book lovers,

My name is Michael Gerard and I am a writer form Cincinnati, Ohio. I love to read and write above all else and have been published in literary outlets such as Great Ape, The Journal for Compressed Creative Arts and the Eunoia Review.

I recently published my short story collection Switchboard Rot through Anxiety Press. This is a collection of 11 short stories containing dark, absurdist and surrealist themes and characters highlighted by an ever-present twinge of humor and horror-like elements. I would love for you to read this book because I truly think that it is a strong work of collected short fiction and because I am eager to continue sharing it with the world.

Please feel free to purchase Switchboard Rot via this Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Switchboard-Rot- ... B0BD851VJT

After you've read the book I would absolutely love to read your impressions, opinions and takeaways from it, whether that be in the form of an Amazon review or simply just here on BookTalk. Thank you so much for reading.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Strange and Macabre Short Fiction Collection

Unread post

Hi Michael,

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)

You're clearly a skilled writer so I want to suggest you add some meat to your Amazon book description for Switchboard Rot. You have two brief endorsements but no actual description of what your book is about. As you know people have short attention spans and having a brief description that hooks the reader and gets them to want to order your book is essential. Maybe you just haven't gotten to this part yet. I see the release date of Sept. 6th.

Here is a random example of what I am referring to. https://www.amazon.com/Best-American-Sh ... 328485390/
MichaelGerard93
Official Newbie!

Re: Strange and Macabre Short Fiction Collection

Unread post

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the great and thoughtful recommendation!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”