• In total there are 33 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 32 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Marlowe - gay historical spy novel

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Marlowe
Official Newbie!
Slovakia

Marlowe - gay historical spy novel

Unread post

Hi bookworms! I'm Blue (pen name Jo March) and I'm here to raise a bit of money in order to finance my novel by selling the first chapter! It is a bit of a contained story within a story, so you won't be left on a cliffhanger, but I do hope it will leave you wanting more so you don't forget about it and will get it when it's all done ;) you can pay what you want, minimum 50p (less than a dollar and less than a euro) and you get 34 formatted pages, so it's not a shabby feel I think.

The novel is based on real events and real people. It blows my mind that Christopher Marlowe seldom gets to be the main character of his story when his life was so fascinating. Most we get of him are tiny fragments like (most recently) his appearance in Sandman, and he's always just a footmark in scenes about Shakespeare - and yet he deserves his own book!

What we know about him could fit onto a Tesco receipt : he was a spy under Elizabethan secret service, which was the birth of today's MI5 and MI6, he was queer, atheist in a time when it could get you hung, drawn and quartered, and the best damn writer of the age (Shakespeare used the blankverse Marlowe perfected). How could you not want to read his story?

So as I said:

50p for 34 pages
Gay spy novel set in Tudor England
Your donation will help me write the whole book

https://ko-fi.com/anxiousslav/shop

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”