• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Complaint to Verizon

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Complaint to Verizon

Unread post

I have two websites that I set up years ago with Yahoo which was taken over by Verizon.

I lost my administrative access to these sites after the shift from Yahoo to Verizon, as my passwords no longer worked.

I tried to sort this out, but found that I need a password to contact Verizon, including to their complaints site. The only other way is international direct dial phone call to the US costing about $15, factoring in the half hour wait (I live in Australia).

I made one phone call and was given a Verizon customer care email address. I have sent several emails to this address but got no answer. The phone staff refused to arrange for anyone to email me despite my direct request to them.

Verizon sent me a bill to pay for the websites, but from a no-reply email. I tried lodging a dispute with PayPal, just asking that Verizon contact me, since I cannot use my products, but that failed too. I got emails from Verizon providing the ICANN data for the sites, which contained email addresses that I wrote to, but none of them replied.

I am hoping someone reading this may have a way to contact Verizon. All I want is for someone from the company to contact me to reset the passwords for my website. My email address is robert at rtulip.net

It is quite an embarrassing situation, but I have no idea what to do to fix it. It is astonishing that as a customer for fifteen years I am completely unable to contact my internet service provider. If there are places I should post this where Verizon might see it please let me know. Maybe I just need to ask another internet service provider to take over the sites, as Verizon clearly do not want my business. Maybe this experience could help warn other potential users away from this company.

Thanks

Return to “Everything Else”