• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Reviewers Needed - Book on Youth Sports & Parenting

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
BookBuzz
Book Worm

Unread post

https://amzn.to/3K45tR9

Request a review copy on NetGalley at
https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/book/253707
https://www.netgalley.co.uk/catalog/book/253707

The book is also FREE on Kindle Unlimited

Fun over Fear
Myths and Realities of Youth Baseball. Ages 3-9
By Walter A Beede
Release Date: April 1,2022
ISBN: 9798439860920
ASIN: B09WGYNGZB
Genre(s): Youth Coaching ,Baseball and Softball

Parents, do you want to make sure your child has as much fun as possible when they start playing baseball? Did you know that youth baseball is the second most popular boys’ sport in the United States? The Sandlot and neighborhood pickup games have been replaced by the explosion of "PAY FOR PLAY" travel baseball that can start as early as six years of age.

THE MYTH- Recent studies of parents of adolescent athletes identified a belief among parents that travel baseball and early specialization are necessary for advanced skill set development. Many feel that specialization will increase their child's ability to play baseball beyond high school.

THE REALITY- Any Travel Team coach or instructor that tells you, as a parent of a three through twelve-year-old, that lessons and being a part of travel baseball will result in a college scholarship is only concerned with one thing, your money!

As the parent of two sons who went on to play baseball in college as well as a former Head Baseball Coach at the NCAA level, I want to share alternatives with parents that will allow their children to avoid the anxiety and stress that many face within the over structured and over organized world of travel baseball. The hamster wheel of travel ball is a business model and not a baseball development model. At the ages of three through twelve, baseball should be all about one thing—HAVING FUN! We play it as kids, we watch it and listen to it as adults, and we pass down our love of the game through generations. Baseball is an American family tradition.

I am sharing many stories from my childhood as well as my journey as a baseball dad. Topics such as playing catch with your child and other simple recreational concepts that you as a parent can share with your young athlete. Children at young ages like to do things with family and friends. My hope is that this book will allow you as a family to create many moments and memories through the sport of baseball. Some of my greatest memories as a child are from the pickup games with my neighborhood friends and local Little League games, we played in. Baseball should be an outlet for children, a chance for them to be creative, to exercise, to learn how to succeed and, more importantly, how to fail.
Attachments
Fun over Fear  read more.jpg
Fun over Fear read more.jpg (82.77 KiB) Viewed 788 times

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”