• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

When Waves Fell Silent - Another Unknown Indian with an Untold Story (Memoir)

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
menonkum
Official Newbie!

When Waves Fell Silent - Another Unknown Indian with an Untold Story (Memoir)

Unread post

I had been a Content Developer (Programme Officer, by designation) with the Indian public service broadcaster, All India Radio for over thirty two years and retired in 2020. Two times national award winner for programme excellence, currently am pursing a passion to write.

My first ever book "When Waves Fell Silent", a memoir on the last one hundred days to my retirement was recently launched. It's a memoir with perceptions on contemporary life, imagery and all in the background of a service with the pub-caster.

They have always been like that. Ripples of quantum energy beating the shore in all ferocity. The waves had a character that was so committed and mistake not, to the shore alone. But the latter never seemed to own it. The insensitiveness was intensely discernible as the waves struggled to linger. Helpless, they kept enduring the losing grip, every time sliding back to churn as a white foam. Yet it continued to adorn the shore with the shells and conches, the booty it mined from the depths of the sea, never intentional in reclaiming them. Under the starry sky, the shore enticed all, with its shells gleaming in the moonlight and leaving anticipations of a perceived glory on dark days. The waves carried on with optimism. Someday, sometime....

Was it just a coincidence that I saw a parallel in life? Definitely, not without reasons. There may not be as prominent an element as the expansive sand and beaches that had exercised its influence so much. All the efforts at reconciling and establishing a grip, emotional bonding with life, had been like the waves and the shore it kept washing. The interaction every time was with trepidation, and a sense of loss could be felt overpowering as it refused to hold me each time. And now, with retirement, the tenor of which is inscrutable at this point of time approaching, it looks am at last coming to terms with a finality which seems to be asking, was it all a futile exercise? If waves had been falling silent at all the odd hours, contemplating and resuming efforts, here, I was being led to cogitating with moments of halt and hush.

'When Waves Fell Silent' is an account of the journey of a commoner, an unknown Indian, starting the hundredth day to retirement and until the day of reckoning. Can it be construed as a record of activities of the period? Maybe, but it is not conclusive. The functional domain that forms the background has been the state media, All India Radio. It does not purport to be a historical record of anything, and yet there are references and pointers to it. Facts are as sourced from the public domain, treatment and approach, of a scholar who has for ever been researching this media while with it.

Am looking forward to more readers for my work and their opinions is definitely going to make my day, Reviews would be really appreciated.
Attachments
BB (1).jpg
BB (1).jpg (116.9 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
BR.jpeg
BR.jpeg (134.82 KiB) Viewed 1789 times

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”