• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

A western movie on Grit TV

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

A western movie on Grit TV

Unread post

Was watching Grit TV, and they aired Valdez Is Coming. It's a 1970s western film based on a novel by Elmore John Leonard Jr.

At first, I didn't like it because it featured Burt Lancaster. His character didn't seem right for the part given I'm accustom to seeing him in non-westerns, but as it progressed, I soon felt his personality become suited for the role as the plot turned into one of those suspense driven movies where a manhunt ensues and the hunted goes on a mission to seek revenge while causing those doing the hunting to feel they made a bad mistake.

It's also has an ending I found both moving and with questions.

The ending left me with the same feeling The Outlaw Josey Wales did and the more recent film Out of the Furnace.

Personally, I like stories with no clear ending or resolve. To me, life tends to work that way.

Return to “Everything Else”