• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

PLS HELP!! Looking for a book!!!!!!

This forum is dedicated to discussing your preferred FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gato
Official Newbie!

PLS HELP!! Looking for a book!!!!!!

Unread post

I read this book a long time ago, I've sadly forgotten the title :(
DESCRIPTION---
The book starts in Germany with our heroine who owns a bookshop (I believe) Her sister sends her a letter to come and visit her in New York(?) where she lives the extravagant life. She soon meets this handsome guy and they hook up(?) And ofc like any normal romance/drama book she becomes pregnant :D) The guy tells her that she needs to go to Italy to meet his family. What she doesn't know is that the guy is secretly a Mafia mob boss!??!? :bananadance: and while she is in labor he gets arrested!?!? Long story short she dies in labor :)

The book also follows another story which is the heroines niece. Again PLEASE help, your kindness will not be forgotten.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: PLS HELP!! Looking for a book!!!!!!

Unread post

This reeks of bs.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
Gato
Official Newbie!

Unread post

i don't know what you mean by that? Do you mean the cheesy summary? lmao
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'm guessing he thinks you're spamming and soon going to post a link to this forgotten book, suddenly remembered, which will probably be a book you wrote yourself. We get a ton of spam so please forgive his cynicism. Any luck finding it?
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

Whether genuine or not, outside asking an online forum to help in the search, I’m surprised there isn’t some kind of research tool that allows one to search for keywords of plots or book descriptions from book databases.

I mean, when a book’s published, they tend to add details into a library database, yet I’ve not yet found a way to search the detail section. If it exist, it needs to be known, because all I been able to do is search keywords in titles.

If this doesn’t exist, it might be due to a right’s holder agreement on sharing, but that to me is a really weak argument given how common it is for people to ask for help finding books. I myself have visited the library asking for help only to have the librarian say, “I’m stumped,” and they have databases from all over the world to search.

Might be the next big thing in book tech. lol ;)
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

We do get a lot of questions like this and I think we should develop a list of resources etc. to help out. I think we did something like this a while back, I'll try to dive back and find the thread. There are groups of people who specialize in these types of questions.

Well here's a start...
https://www.nypl.org/blog/2017/11/22/fi ... tten-title
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-fi ... or-author/
https://www.librarything.com/ngroups/724/Name-that-Book
https://www.bookbub.com/blog/how-to-fin ... escription

Return to “Fiction General Discussion”