• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Moire Firinne

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Moire
Getting Comfortable

Moire Firinne

Unread post

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I hope I like it. I was looking for book discussions but I'm not sure I would be able to stick to a time line. I thought this forum might be better for me as I can comment on books I've read and not worry if I've read the chapters assigned.
I love fantasy! I'm currently reading the last installment of GRRM's A Dance With Dragons. The only thing I don't like about it is that it will likely be another three or four years before the next installment. :( I also like historical fiction and classic novels.
I hope to get to know many of you. :)
“Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth”
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Moire Firinne

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org!

I too am a fantasy genre fan. The fact that most fantasy books are in a series annoys me. Whenever I read a review of what appears to be a great fantasy book I always look on the back cover to see if it is in a series. More often than not I learn that to enjoy the book I am considering I need to read a pile of books that come first. Very annoying.
Moire
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I haven't found too many stand alone fantasy books. Elantris by Brandon Sanderson was very enjoyable. It was a quick easy read and satisfying. I don't mind a trilogy as long as it stays just that. For some reason a writer often will not be able to stop at three. Christopher Paolini would have been better off beginning and ending with Eragon. :|
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Isn't it good if a fantasy novel is in a series? Then instead of finding one interesting novel to read,you've found five! :D

Welcome to BookTalk, Moire! The most recent fantasy book recommended to me was In the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - have you read it? Chris, you'll be relieved to know it's merely the start of a series, so even though it's part of one, you don't have to read the rest. ;)
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
Moire
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't read this one but I now have it on my list to be read.
Theomanic wrote:
Welcome to BookTalk, Moire! The most recent fantasy book recommended to me was In the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - have you read it?

Return to “Everything Else”